Iver Johnson 9mm Carbine

PDA

eddieleon
April 25, 2003, 10:41 PM
Stumbled across one several years ago. The plastic insert that acted as a magazine guide was broken and partially missing.
I tried manufacturing something that would support the magazine and allow proper feeding. Nothing seemed to work.

Gun Parts showed a plastic insert for this rifle. It mounted and would hold the magazine as it should. Only the mag had to be held up higher than the mag release allowed. As I had never seen this weapon work and the mag was possibly a replacement I ordered one from Gun Parts for $42. It is a duplicate of the first with the same problems.

Any one had any similar problems? I have been trying for five years and will try for five more if noone knows a solution.

If you enjoyed reading about "Iver Johnson 9mm Carbine" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
winwun
May 5, 2003, 09:29 AM
It's frustrating, isn't it, Eddie, to try to get something fixed and run into brick walls everywhere you turn. I have had some success in making parts when I can't find the right thing. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. If you could post a picture of what you need with dimensions, specs, etc. someone might be able to help you.

If you enjoyed reading about "Iver Johnson 9mm Carbine" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!