Mosin Sniper

PDA

bfox
May 13, 2006, 09:26 PM
Hi
Does anyone know where I can pick one up
even a repro ?

Thanks ,Bfox

If you enjoyed reading about "Mosin Sniper" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ash
May 13, 2006, 09:38 PM
Check Century Arms, Classic Arms, and SOG for replicas.

Military Gun Supply for restored snipers (real PU Snipers converted back to infantry rifles by the Soviets and restored to PU condition with real WWII scopes and mounts, but a replica base).

Samco Global has PU snipers lacking their scopes for $300. Get a real deal PU Scope and mount from MGS for $300, and voila, you have a real deal PU Sniper in a real deal sniper stock for the same price as the MGS restored PU's.

Gunbroker has many of them for sale, as well.

Ash

KaceCoyote
May 14, 2006, 12:33 AM
Assuming I didnt care to be "period correct" and just wanted an accurate Mosin.

How accurate are the sniper copies? better just getting a Fin?

Sewerman
May 14, 2006, 12:46 PM
inter ordnance has the pu sniper complete for 399.99, shotgun news just did an article on it may1 issue.

bfox
May 14, 2006, 01:03 PM
Hi

Thanks Guys seems like everyone is out or them .
Trying to find one for a buddy at work .
If we only talked about it a month ago
seems like everyone had them .
Still wating to see if Mgs has any .

Thanks again , Bill

jayhway
May 14, 2006, 01:53 PM
Try: http://www.coledistributing.com/

I bought a 91/30 PU replica from them and got a very nice piece. IIRC, I paid $400 for the rifle.

Cosmoline
May 14, 2006, 03:09 PM
Assuming I didnt care to be "period correct" and just wanted an accurate Mosin.

How accurate are the sniper copies? better just getting a Fin

The Soviet snipers were picked off the line as the best out of the batch, but they were shot a LOT. Some are still good shooters, some aren't. If you want the look of a PU Soviet sniper with high accuracy, get one of the Tikka 91/30's that were converted to PU snipers by the importer a few years ago. You can find them on gunbroker and elsewhere. I had one and liked it, though it's a shame they bent the bolts on the Finns. Sometimes they are sold as true USSR snipers either out of ignorance or in an effort to trick shooters. But the potbelly stock, hex receiver and [SA] marks are a dead giveaway. I would not pay more than $200 for one. Don't get suckered into buying one for $500 or some nonsense like that. And don't even think about trying to do it yourself in the garage. You WILL screw it up and you WILL destroy the growing value of the intact Tikka 91/30's.

KaceCoyote
May 14, 2006, 07:31 PM
I'm interested Cosmo, all I want is an accurate Mosin with the ability to mount a simple optic.I've got some nice original Mosins, and now I would like to reach out there.

Could you show me some pictures or link me to a few examples? I'm in the market and would appreciate your input, this thing seems to be your specialty.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mosin Sniper" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!