My Encore trigger is horrible

PDA

moellermd
May 13, 2006, 09:55 PM
Just got my encore in 204 this week and shot it today. We put a scale on it and it measured 7.5lbs of trigger pull. Is this normal? It breaks nice but that is alot of pull in my book. Any one ever adjusted the pull on an Encore. 4 or 5 is all I am looking for.

If you enjoyed reading about "My Encore trigger is horrible" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Grumulkin
May 14, 2006, 12:29 AM
Encore triggers can be a bit heavy; I've had trigger jobs done on both of mine and it makes quite a difference. The lightest one (about 1.5 lbs.) is the one I like the best done by Mike Bellm. There are other knowledgeable gunsmiths that can do them as well.

rbernie
May 14, 2006, 10:29 AM
I've noticed a few things about the Encore trigger.

A heavier mainpring makes the trigger pull lighter
A hammer extension makes the trigger pull heavier
Eliminating most of the overtravel via the allen screw makes the pull seem lighter by a bunch (won't fool the scale but will fool you)
Mike Bellm's 2.5lb spring kit on a stock Encore is simply A Wonderful Thing.

The 2.5lb kit is almost too light on my Encore, but I'm still happy with it. The Encore trigger will always have a certain amount of creep in it (and the backlash as the hammer block resets can be quite disconcerting), but it can be pretty darn good.

Coltdriver
May 14, 2006, 05:42 PM
Go here.

http://www.bellmtcs.com/Prod_and_Serv/free_cd.htm

I have an encore with a .204 barrel too. Mine has a fabulous trigger right out of the box. But they are not all that way.

The .204 is special ain't it?

If you enjoyed reading about "My Encore trigger is horrible" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!