weeeeee, friend's anti girlfriend coming over soon

PDA

MJRW
April 25, 2003, 10:09 PM
Time for fun! I was contemplating cleaing the SAR-1 or the Glock when she comes over. I don't have anything more anti-PC than those. Or I could be reasonable and try to explain to her.... Choices =(.

If you enjoyed reading about "weeeeee, friend's anti girlfriend coming over soon" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jeeper
April 25, 2003, 10:19 PM
Cleaning the SAR would be funny.

illuminatus99
April 25, 2003, 10:26 PM
the SAR should work fine, anti wimmen-folk are scared to death of those things over just about anything else, just remember to have a 30 rounder in it, people for some reason don't recognize what an AK looks like without the "bananna clip"

Standing Wolf
April 25, 2003, 10:36 PM
Please don't forget to wear the Glock.

Sisco
April 25, 2003, 10:38 PM
Or... you could have no guns in sight and not come off as one of those "Gun nuts" that freak her out.
Be a normal civilized kinda guy and if the subject comes up, offer to show her your wares. Guns, that is.

Kharn
April 25, 2003, 10:46 PM
Do you have Saving Private Ryan on DVD, along with a Thompson, a Garand, a Carbine, a BAR, and a 1911? That could get interesting pretty quickly.

Kharn

ahadams
April 25, 2003, 10:48 PM
the thing to do would be to have the SAR disassembled for cleaning when she gets there, and then simply put it back together while you're talking...see how good her object identification is....:D

Mike Irwin
April 25, 2003, 11:39 PM
Had a roommate some years ago. He was cool with my guns, his girlfriend was, too.

Her friend, however, wasn't.

I had a friend's AR-15 apart on MY dining room table.

She came in, saw that, and practically levitated from the angry steam coming out her nostrils.

I let her rant for a few seconds, and then politely told her that she could either hold her tongue on the subject of firearms, or she could exit my home and never set foot in it again. Her choice, but my decision since I was the one with the mortgage.

I didn't exactly use THOSE words...

And there might have been a C-bomb or two in there...

My roommate's girlfriend didn't talk to me for some time after that, but that wasn't any great loss, either.

rebbryan
April 25, 2003, 11:46 PM
sisco's no fun don't listen to him :p

talk to her while cleaning it and then suddenly tell everyone in a loud voice "BE QUIET!! I THINK I HEAR SOMETHING....IT'S THE GOVERNMENT COMING TO TAKE MY GUNS!! AAAAAHHHHH" and start running around crazy and tell her to man her station for the "judgement day"

MJRW
April 26, 2003, 02:21 AM
Well, it went well. I opted not to have any of my guns clearly visible because frankly, I personally had no need for them to be out right then. The normal situation would be them be well hidden, on my person, or locked away. So, I decided not to take extraordinary measures to piss off an anti.

However, the subject of Michael Moore came up. She mentioned she was a fan. What ensued was a discussion about Michael Moore's blatant distortion of truth as well as flat out lies. Having no proof of his credibility, we ended up agreeing that he did not at all create a documentary but instead creates an editorial in what some consider an amusing fashion to push his own political views.

This lead to a discussion about the second ammendment. After a medium length discussion about police, criminals by definition not obeying the law, and carry, there is a glimmer of hope in this one. She seems genuinely interested in information as opposed to propaganda and wants some information via e-mail so she can read it when she has more time.

This will be added to my program to make it a three step program:

1. Take a new shooter to the range every month. Successful for 8 of 9 months. Instituted August 2002.

2. Get a responsible friend to buy a firearm once a month. Successful for 3 of 4 months. Instituted January 2003.

3. Explain reality to an anti and get them to accept it once a month. Successful 1 of 1 month. Instituted April 2003.

Tommy Gunn
April 26, 2003, 03:08 AM
If you are going to have female anti's coming over to your place, then you really need to fill the empty walls with hunting trophies.

Dinner should either be Bambi or Thumper.

Kahr carrier
April 26, 2003, 08:45 AM
Heck try to convert her to a Pro gun type of gal or even a shooter.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "weeeeee, friend's anti girlfriend coming over soon" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!