Smith And Wesson Model 1500?

PDA

Dacoda
May 15, 2006, 02:14 AM
I tried doing a search online for a Smith And Wesson Model 1500, and found nothing. Anyone know about it? A shop I went to today had one fairly cheap. I thought about it, but not sure if I really need another hunting rifle. but it had a nice 18x scope on it. for the price the guy was asking, I figured the scope alone would be worth it. chambered in .270 for just under $300. I'm still saving up for my AR though.

If you enjoyed reading about "Smith And Wesson Model 1500?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ol` Joe
May 15, 2006, 02:22 AM
I believe they are the Howa M1500, same as the Weatherby Vanguard.

Ash
May 15, 2006, 04:24 PM
It is indeed the Howa 1500, the Vanguard, and the Mossberg 1500.

All the same rifle.

Ash

KCAce
May 15, 2006, 09:40 PM
My first deer rifle was a 1500 in 30-06. It shoots well, and have bought other rifles "just 'cuz" when the 1500 would have done just fine. Has a tasco scope on it which has been just fine. There has been a recall on some 1500's in the last couple years...you should check with S&W on the S/N's to make sure the one your looking at is ok. Can't remember what the recall was for. I'd check the Blue Book to be sure about value, but $300 for a 1500 in good or very good shape with a scope, even if it's a cheap one, seems like a good price to me....but I would check the Blue Book to be sure.

Good luck,

KCAce

If you enjoyed reading about "Smith And Wesson Model 1500?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!