Finally Got my .17 CZ 452 Varmint

PDA

kennyboy
May 15, 2006, 06:21 PM
This .17HMR is a beautiful firearm. I am extremely impressed by the construction. Everything on it looks perfect. The bull barrel is fully free floated which really impressed me. I put BKL 257 mounts and a Simmons Classic Whitetail 6.5-20X50 scope on it. I haven't fired it yet, but will do so over the weekend. I was extremely pleased with the trigger. I know that you aren't supposed to dry fire, but I did so anyways just to test the trigger. The trigger pull was real light, not as light as a hair trigger, but extremely nice for hunting purposed. There was virtually no creep. I find no need to buy a Brooks trigger kit. I know many people have commented that they were not satisfied with the trigger on their CZ and ordered the trigger kit, however, I cannot find any flaw in mine. Also, I know that people have said that the barrel on their CZ was not free floated. Well, mine is. This leads me to believe that CZ is a great company that is listening to the concerns of their customers and making improvements based on feedback. What do you think?

If you enjoyed reading about "Finally Got my .17 CZ 452 Varmint" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
apxpred
May 15, 2006, 09:30 PM
I have the 452 American in 22lr & I love it, the ruger 10/22 now sits in the back of the safe. There's no comparison between the 2, the CZ has great accuracy & the stock doesn't look like it was carved out of a 2x4 by a 6 y.o.
The 17hmr is on my list, let us know how she shoots

brandyspaw
May 15, 2006, 11:24 PM
Aren't those CZ 452s great guns? I'd like to get more of them so I have
one in both 22RFand 17HRM. I don't like my Ruger M77/22s anymore!

CZguy
May 16, 2006, 12:13 AM
I know that you aren't supposed to dry fire, but I did so anyways just to test the trigger. E]

It's OK to dry fire a CZ. The firing pin does not protrude past the face of the bolt.

45crittergitter
May 16, 2006, 08:29 PM
Let us know how it shoots....

220_Swift
May 16, 2006, 08:57 PM
Congrats on the 17. I was thinking of getting the CZ, but stumbled into a great buy with my Savage. Just had to replace the trigger, and she is a shooter. But I still think the CZ looks A LOT better.

DWARREN123
May 16, 2006, 10:42 PM
I have a couple of CZ rimfire rifles and like them a whole lot.

If you enjoyed reading about "Finally Got my .17 CZ 452 Varmint" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!