Broken crosshairs?

PDA

ndh87
May 15, 2006, 07:27 PM
I had a Bushnell scope on my mini 14 and some how the crosshairs boke. i never dropped the scope or anything like that. the same thing just happened to the scope on my friend's pellet rifle. Im just wondering if anyone else has had or heard of this prolem, or has any idea how to prevent it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Broken crosshairs?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Zak Smith
May 15, 2006, 08:03 PM
Optical instruments are generally fragile, and some are more fragile than others. Send it back for repair.

mondocomputerman
May 15, 2006, 08:36 PM
I had a bushnell scope that had one of the lenses go sideways inside. I just took it back to the bushnell factory outlet store nearby and got a brand new scope for free. I was impressed by their warranty.

JesseL
May 15, 2006, 10:12 PM
I had a bushnell scope that did the same thing. Bushnell repaired it for just the cost of shipping ($10). A couple months later it did the same thing again and the lenses fell out. That time I decided the scope was such a POS it wasn't worth spending another $10 on it.

jlmurphy
May 15, 2006, 10:42 PM
The double recoil of a spring piston pellet gun is like snapping a whip, much harder on scopes than any magnum rifle recoil, there are dedicated airgun scopes designed to withstand the abuse. The Mini 14 also has a double recoil and as previously mentioned the Bushnell is a POS.

If you enjoyed reading about "Broken crosshairs?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!