WTK Value of AL Marked FN-49

PDA

Ash
May 16, 2006, 06:42 AM
I found an FN-49 with a somewhat fancy AL samped on the reciever above the chamber. The rifle is blued and is in about 85% overall condition and is chambered for .30-06. The asking price is $399. Is that a good price, a great price, a you-should-have-bought-it-on-site price?

Thanks,

Ash

If you enjoyed reading about "WTK Value of AL Marked FN-49" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Onmilo
May 16, 2006, 08:55 AM
The AL stands for Armee Luxembourgeoise.
Luxembourg Army.
These were a fairly sizable contract for FN49 production and quite a few made it into the United States.
Any caliber .30/06 FN-49 in good condition is easily worth four hundred bucks.
Some can go a lot higher.

Langenator
May 16, 2006, 01:51 PM
$399 qualifies as 'you should have grabbed it' in my book, assuming it's mechanically sound.

I paid more than that for my Egyptian, and I've never seen a Luxembourg for less than $700.

50 Freak
June 6, 2006, 09:13 PM
I don't think this 30.06 version is worth the $400. Please IM me the location of this store so that I may go tell them what a horrible gun they have.:evil: :evil:

Gator
June 7, 2006, 12:25 AM
Definitely a you-should-have-bought-it-on-site, what the heck were you thinking, grab it and run, never see one like that again, kick yourself in the head for passing it up, could have sold it in an hour for at least double, kind of a price.

Sorry :rolleyes:

If you enjoyed reading about "WTK Value of AL Marked FN-49" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!