Price check, French rifle. Only dropped once!

PDA

english kanigit
May 20, 2006, 02:55 PM
What's a good price for a MAS 36?

98% Wood
90% Metal
It has the spike bayonet and grenade launcher w/ sight.
The bolt's # matches the rifle.

And how common is surplus? I don't recall seeing any for quite some time but it's not exactly a caliber I look for...

Thanks!
ek

If you enjoyed reading about "Price check, French rifle. Only dropped once!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
R.W.Dale
May 20, 2006, 03:01 PM
A nice MAS36/51 would probably bring between $200 to $250.

Does it look like this.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/krochus/MAS36/Hpim0785.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/krochus/MAS36/Hpim0787.jpg

R.W.Dale
May 20, 2006, 03:04 PM
And how common is surplus?

Nonexistant, But you can buy Priv-partisan pretty resonably. On the plus side I've owned swedish mausers, enfields , Yugo mausers , Finnish Moisin Nagants and shot various K-31's

The ugly MAS outshoots em all BIG TIME

jd46561
May 20, 2006, 03:57 PM
I Love my Mas 36, first shot down range at 100 yrds open sites was a bullseye. Everybody laughs at the French in WW2 . I would bet that if Hitler's army was attacking the USA then, they would have made it in pretty deep before we stopped them. Anyway, these rifles are well worth the money. Ammo is a problem, gunshows and internet. Good luck on your sale ,$ 200.00 - $250.00 is a good average price for these.

Third_Rail
May 20, 2006, 05:20 PM
I have to ask - bolt action or what?

qajaq59
May 20, 2006, 05:32 PM
That is a rather interesting looking rifle. Any of the surplus places carrying them?

english kanigit
May 20, 2006, 05:59 PM
Pawn shop's asking $250. I'll see if I can talk him down a little. Gotta get caught up on bills first. :uhoh:

At this particular shop they let some of the regulars waltz behind the counter and check out the surplus rifle rack. I found the gem between the rack and the wall... :uhoh: Maybe somebody else is thinking the same thing.

Third_Rail, yes, it's a bolt gun. The bolt handle is bent to a forward angle so that it sits just above the trigger. The action actually sits behind the trigger group and there's an aperature sight on top of the receiver ring... IIRC

jd46561
May 20, 2006, 06:13 PM
If you are looking for a French Mas ? ,Go to gunbroker.com type in Mas36 , they sell alot on there. It is bolt action , and they DO NOT have a built in safety! So when you load a round, keep you finger off the trigger.

If you enjoyed reading about "Price check, French rifle. Only dropped once!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!