Philadelphia Derringer

PDA

Tearlachblair
May 20, 2006, 04:57 PM
Hey again, guys!

So a while back I was unpacking some stuff from my recent move, and I came across something I almost forgot I had! Two Philadelphia Derringers in kit form, still not put together. :uhoh:

I remember when I first got them and realized, to my chagrin, that my handyman abilities weren't exactly up to snuff :cuss: and how, faced with the certainty that I'd never get them together, I stuck them in a closet and forgot about them.:banghead: How much do you guys think it would run me if I sent them to a gunsmith and had him put them together and stain the wood?

Also, what about holsters? Anyone make a carry option for these little buggers?

If you enjoyed reading about "Philadelphia Derringer" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Third_Rail
May 20, 2006, 05:59 PM
Tell you what - send them to me, I'll put them together and send them back. I love tinkering, and I can hardly get enough money together to buy a kit of my own.

EDIT: Wait, are these the Heritage arms ones? They are reputed to be of rather questionable quality... Even mec here on the board gave them a bad review; he's usually good at finding the sunshine even in a mostly bad company, but he didn't find any IIRC.

Hkmp5sd
May 20, 2006, 07:48 PM
You can put them together and stain the wood yourself in less time than it takes to box them up and drive to UPS. :) Go for it. I still have one I put together 25 years ago.

NewShooter
May 25, 2006, 12:03 AM
Show us a pic when your done.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Philadelphia Derringer" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!