Rashid Disassembly Instructions?

PDA

Langenator
May 20, 2006, 05:24 PM
I picked up a Rashid at the WAC funshow today. $440, definitely an interesting piece for the collection.

Trouble is, even the mighty Google and surplusrifle.com turn up next to nothing. How do I break it down? Follow the AG-42b/Hakim instructions and hope for the best?

If you enjoyed reading about "Rashid Disassembly Instructions?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kennedy
May 21, 2006, 08:16 PM
first see the egyptian forum on gun boards.com, and register it into the data base, so far 175 are accounted for, next to break it down(very easy) move the saftey into the center position, push the receiver covor slightly forward and pull up the whole saftey assemble out of the gun, then all the parts slide out to the rear. you can use the symbols on the rear sight to use to verify the electo pencil ser no and year it was built, either 1966,1967 or 1968. Is yours complete with all the parts? some out there are missing mags, rear sight slides or have a sks bayonet on it(won`t fit over the barrel nut). check the screws holding the trigger group in, should have wire keepers in the screw slots. If they are there and look untouched, you may not want to remove them to take the gun apart, since you will not be able to get them back in as orginal. If they are buggered then take it down further for cleaning, watch for it being full of sand.

Azrael256
May 21, 2006, 08:28 PM
Never seen a Rashid, but I did get to meet his big brother Hakim. Wacky, wacky guns, those. Did you get the bayonet? If so, does it confirm the suspicion that it's a SKS bayonet?

kennedy
May 21, 2006, 09:22 PM
I have only seen three, and they are resting in my gun safe, have a line on two more and wiil join them as soon as there current owner decides to let loose of them.

Langenator
May 22, 2006, 12:19 PM
As far as I can tell, it's go all the parts, including mag and bayonet. It's also a 1968, and I posted on the gunboards survey.

Here's a pic, with my VZ-52/57 (top) and Yugo 59/66 (bottom, 1 of 3 in my safe)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/langenator/762x39s.jpg

kennedy
May 22, 2006, 06:14 PM
very nice

kennedy
May 22, 2006, 09:52 PM
is the sling orginal to the rasheed, am trying to get a pic of what a orginal rasheed sling looks like

Langenator
May 24, 2006, 10:48 PM
Sorry, I really don't know. I'm not enough of an expert on the Rashid, and the info I've found on the web is very thin.

StopTheGrays
November 15, 2006, 12:53 PM
Sorry for reviving a dead thread...

Are the disassembly instructions for the Hakim about the same for the Rasheed?

The brief description given above looked like how a Hakim's cover and what-not are removed. Surplusrifle has info on how to disassemble a Hakim and I was wondering if that could be used as a guide to take down a Rasheed.

Dang,
I just saw that the first poster asked the same question...

If you enjoyed reading about "Rashid Disassembly Instructions?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!