Want both, get both

PDA

wild billz
May 21, 2006, 08:17 AM
My .22 purchase decisions have been made clear to me. I special ordered a CZ 452 from Wal-Mart last Friday. It should be here early Monday. I canít wait. And yesterday I bought a LNIB Marlin 60 scoped with the little Tasco 4x15 for 75 dollars. There is nothing like getting two of the three things I was considering. All that is left is the lever gun, but my best friend has a Marlin 39A that goes to the range with us all the time, so I can shoot it plenty.

I do have a question on the Marlin however. The box says 15 rounds .22lr, and the tube does not extend all the way to the end of the barrel, it stops short at least 3-4 inches, but still holds that many rounds. The Marlin website shows all the 60s with tubes to the end of the end of the barrel and a 14 shot capacity?

If you enjoyed reading about "Want both, get both" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dch1978
May 21, 2006, 08:01 PM
My old Model 60 with the magazine tube going to the end of the barrel will hold 18 in the magazine and one in the chamber. This is using Rem golden bullet bulk pack .22 LR.

DCH

SnakeEater
May 21, 2006, 11:48 PM
How much does the CZ cost at Walmart?

MatthewVanitas
May 22, 2006, 12:20 AM
Sounds like you got a good deal on the Marlin, especially if the scope holds up well. Sweet little things, the 60s.

The 452 gets nothing but rave reviews too.

You've done your homework, and it shows. (grin)

-MV

wild billz
May 22, 2006, 06:26 PM
Snake eater, the CZ cost 221 at Wal-Mart.

I shot the Marlin 60 today. First tube no problems, one FTE on the second, then jam fest on half way through the third where I had three- four failure to extracts in a row. I'd didn't clean it before I went, and should have. Tonight it gets broken down all the way and cleaned. What it did shoot was ok, not as good as the CZ I just got, but decent. The Tasco 4x15 scope stinks, so I'll have to go iron sights or get a better scope for anything beyond 25 yards. Any recommendations for an inexpensive (less than 50 buck) scope?

I'm hoping (and expecting) a better perfromance from it after I do a propper cleaning on it. I think it will, I hope.

SnakeEater
May 22, 2006, 07:45 PM
Excellent. Thank you.

If you enjoyed reading about "Want both, get both" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!