Significant difference?

PDA

qajaq59
May 21, 2006, 04:21 PM
With the type of rifle and same weight bullet, would there be a significant difference in accuracy between a .270 cal and a 25-06 out to 300 yards? Or would I have to be shooting further for it to really matter much?

If you enjoyed reading about "Significant difference?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Art Eatman
May 21, 2006, 04:37 PM
If the twist rate of the barrel is appropriate for the bullet, I don't see where one would be more accurate than the other. With a .277 bullet that's weighing the same as one of .257, you'd wind up with problems at long range since the shorter and fatter bullet would lose velocity faster. I'm thinking of wind drift, which of course is an external factor.

Probably better to compare bullets for each caliber that have the same ballistic coefficient, to really have a fair test.

Art

qajaq59
May 22, 2006, 06:14 AM
Thanks Art, that makes sense.

If you enjoyed reading about "Significant difference?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!