Savage 111 in 30-06

PDA

mordechaianiliewicz
May 21, 2006, 06:48 PM
So, I have a question. I was at a pawn shop I go to from time to time. (My second hobby is photgraphy, and this place sells $50 Canons!) I saw a Savage Model 111 in 30.06 w/ a magazine release, and it came with a scope. I've been without such a rifle for a little time now, and have been looking to get a scoped bolt gun, but I'm having a hard time choosing.

I have a good sized stock of 7.62 NATO Hirtenberger and 100 rounds of 168gr Match Ammo in 7.62 NATO. So, I'm wondering should I hold out and get a .308 rifle and take advantage of my sitting non-usable (at the moment) ammo, or should I get the .30-06.

The rifle is only $279.

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage 111 in 30-06" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
FPrice
May 21, 2006, 07:12 PM
The rifle is only $279.

At that price, if it is in good condition, you can hardly go wrong. Savages are almost always good shooting rifles. Shoot it, and if you don't like it I'll bet you could get your money back in a FTF sale.

jlmurphy
May 21, 2006, 07:14 PM
Savage barrels are changeable with a minimum of tools and headspace is easily adjusted. Buy the rifle and later buy an aftermarket .308 barrel from Midway or Brownell's.

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage 111 in 30-06" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!