Help ID old KIRNER pinfire six shooter

PDA

bbarker
May 22, 2006, 11:02 AM
I have an old six shooter pinfire pistol that is marked "KIRNER J. PESTEN" on the top of the barrel. The barrel is 3.5 inches long and the pistol is 8 inches overall. It has some pretty fancy etching and has a rifled barrel. The trigger has no guard and will fold down. The handle stock is med-dark wood and has a swivel ring. The 3 digit serial number is stamped below the cylinder on the side and starts with "J.K." There is a pushrod to clear the cylinder. I think maybe Belgium?

If you enjoyed reading about "Help ID old KIRNER pinfire six shooter" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
joab
May 22, 2006, 11:32 AM
It's sounds like a VeloDog gun.
Most that I have seen are Belgium. But I couldn't find any listing for Kirner or Peston. Probably just one of many small manufacturers of that type of gun.

Google either velodog or velo dog and click on images to see if any look similar

bbarker
May 22, 2006, 02:28 PM
It's very similar to the open frame Lafaucheux type seen at littlegun.be

joab
May 22, 2006, 07:42 PM
I never have been able to find an exact copy of mine

I have an encyclopedia of handguns somewhere if I find it I'll be able to remembermore

If you enjoyed reading about "Help ID old KIRNER pinfire six shooter" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!