Fired my first ever 7.62x54r

PDA

jagdpanzer347
May 22, 2006, 08:45 PM
I've picked up a few Mosins over the past few months, but I had never even fired one until today. Now that I am a member of a rifle/pistol club, not having a place to shoot is no longer a problem.

Took out my Finn M39. I must say, I am quite impressed. It's been far to long since I have fired high-powered rifles. Despite my rust and need for glasses, the accuracy was very good. Far, far better than the K98k I had out as well.

Now to try different varieties of ammo through it and get my shooting skills tuned up. For anybody contemplating buying a Mosin, do it! They are a blast; literally and figuratively.

-jagd

If you enjoyed reading about "Fired my first ever 7.62x54r" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ARperson
May 22, 2006, 09:11 PM
The Finns are well known for their accuracy. I would be surprised if you had been disappointed.

The K98 is supposed to be a good one too. Just got to try and find one that wasn't left out on the steppes of Russia too long. Our local gun store has about a dozen and a half of them and the bores are shot in all of them. We bought one that looked half way decent. But the bore was so gummed up with dirt, we didn't really know. Once we got it clean it was a huge let down. And the trip to the range confirmed it: it shot better as the day went because the fouling actually filled the pits and made the bore smoother. :(

hillbilly
May 22, 2006, 10:39 PM
M39s are great.

Here's a pic of a target I fired a 20 round string at.

Distance was 300 yards. I used Polish Light Ball I purchased from Aim Surplus.

Iron sights only in a stiff left to right crosswind.

hillbilly

If you enjoyed reading about "Fired my first ever 7.62x54r" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!