Folding AK stocks

PDA

bad LT
May 22, 2006, 09:53 PM
Who makes the best folding AK stocks? I am thinking of getting one in 7.62x39 mm but have heard that many of the folding stocks have a tendency to "shoot themselves loose."

I have heard good things of AK-74 stocks. Can these be fitted onto other AKs? Does anybody know of a company that sells finnished AK's with these stocks or a smith that can do this?

Thanks for your input.

If you enjoyed reading about "Folding AK stocks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MTMilitiaman
May 22, 2006, 10:32 PM
ACE Ltd makes some fine folding stocks with adaptors to fit them to most AKs, but they tend to be pricey.

Other than that I would get a side or underfolder such as sold in places like Kvar, but avoid cheap plastic stocks like the TAPCO.

The actual military stocks may shoot themselves loose, but this shouldn't do anything to affect performance of the rifle--everything on an AK is loose. That is part of the reason they work so well.

beerslurpy
May 22, 2006, 10:43 PM
Ace is awesome. Their folders hold up fine to both 30 cal and 12 gauge recoil, no problemo.

rbernie
May 23, 2006, 12:13 AM
Ace are probably the nicest aftermarket folders. I like the Polish and Yugo underfolders best overall, though.

04SilverSCFX4
May 23, 2006, 12:27 AM
My WASR came with (I was told) an East German side-folder. It's very rigid and comfortable to shoot.

bad LT
May 23, 2006, 01:33 AM
Thank you for the .

RodanVsSCT
May 23, 2006, 02:40 PM
K-var also makes a nice folder which I installed on my WASR in 5 min. I'm very happy with it.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16737&cat=251&page=2

The Grand Inquisitor
May 23, 2006, 02:59 PM
The stock in the above picture is the one that both the Polish and Romanian militaries use on many SF rifles, and the KVAR stock in the above link is like the VERY nice Russian side folders found on Krinkov's.

Both are very nice, and are better than the Galil style folders that Tapco makes.

If you enjoyed reading about "Folding AK stocks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!