A different way of looking at gun ownership.

PDA

sonny
April 27, 2003, 02:03 PM
If I had a nickel for every time I heard someone say "I would have punched him right in the face but after realizing that if I did it I may get an assualt charge and lose my right to own a gun so I decided against it" I'd be rich!
I'm not kidding!....I actually believe that owning a gun mellows many people out!
Anyone agree?.......Come to think of it, I am very comfortable saying that it is a FACT!

If you enjoyed reading about "A different way of looking at gun ownership." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Feanaro
April 27, 2003, 02:17 PM
I can't say for myself. I've always been pretty mellow. But shooting had given me an outlet for my anger. I just put a face on whatever I'm shooting at in my mind. :D

mdsteele
April 27, 2003, 09:44 PM
I've thought about that many of times.

I suppose it has kept me from doing quite a few things that would make me feel better "at the time".:banghead:

Stay Low
April 27, 2003, 09:51 PM
Agreed....owning guns has leveled me. No longer do I go 20 minutes out of my way and follow someone who has cut me off to give them a piece of my mind when they get to their destinaikton and stop.

Doc
April 27, 2003, 09:53 PM
We need to "...I may get an assualt charge and lose my right to own a gun so I decided against it"

Sonny:

It's true! An armed society is a polite society. We all need to decide which mountain we face is worth dying on...

(no pun intended)

give 'EM the cash, the keys, the jewelery, everything

they can have it all, BUT THEY CAN'T HAVE ME OR MY FAMILY.

remember actually defending your life will cost you DEARLY, the only thing worse than enduring that hell is being dead

Standing Wolf
April 27, 2003, 10:33 PM
Now that I carry whenever I leave the house, I find myself driving much more conservatively. Hmmmmm!

If you enjoyed reading about "A different way of looking at gun ownership." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!