Revolver loading question

PDA

geraldbergeron
May 23, 2006, 10:01 AM
Hi everybody,

I am new to this forum; I am very glad to have found it; I read many threads and I think that IT IS the forum for black powder revolver and pistol.

Sinc a few weeks, I am looking for informations about BP revolver and I think that I will probably get the: S.349 Remington Pattern Pedersoli Target Percussion model.

I saw the DVD by Eugene Kinnel (GunVideo: "Muzzleloading Basics: flintlodk & percussion firearms").

My question is about the loading of the revolver: Between the BP and the ball, he puts "some stuff powder" that I cannot say what it is.

Has anybody some knowledge of what it could be ?

Thank you for the attention. You have a GREAT forum.

..............................................................................Gerald............../

If you enjoyed reading about "Revolver loading question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Duncaninfrance
May 23, 2006, 10:21 AM
Hi Gerald
It is most likley Maize powder / flour which fills out the chamber so that the ball is at the top if you are using a light load. It acts as a spacer, that's all. You can measure it the same as you do powder so you always get a consistant load.
Hope that aswers your question - and welcome to the madhouse :D
Duncan

dwave
May 23, 2006, 10:25 AM
Duncan is probably right, it is a space filler. I have also heard of people using corn meal as a filler too, but I don't use a filler myself.

geraldbergeron
May 24, 2006, 02:04 PM
Thank you for your answers and attention.

....................................................................Gerald........../

If you enjoyed reading about "Revolver loading question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!