Remington 1100 Action Spring Tube

PDA

Birddog13
May 23, 2006, 10:27 AM
I am wondering if anyone could help explain how someone could change the Action Spring Tube on a Rem 1100. I have the replacement from Remington, but can not figure out how it comes off. Is it a job for a gunsmith?

Gun was a victom of a break-in. Guy tried to "saw off" the butt stock and when he got down to the action spring tube he could not saw anymore. I bouth the gun cheap and I'm trying to replace.

Thanks for you help.

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington 1100 Action Spring Tube" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JohnBT
May 23, 2006, 04:02 PM
From www.ahlmans.com

REMINGTON 1100/ 1187 WORK
Re-solder original magazine tube $80.00
Fit/Solder new Mag. tube $110.00(tube extra)
Solder in new Int. Latch Stud $40.00
Remove damaged int. latch stud $25.00
Solder new barrel guide stud $60.00(stud extra)

Solder action spring tube $50.00 <=<=<=<=<=

Re-solder loose barrel support $35.00
Fit/ Solder new barrel support $45.00(support extra)

9mmMike
May 23, 2006, 04:20 PM
Guy tried to "saw off" the butt stock and when he got down to the action spring tube he could not saw anymore. I bouth the gun cheap and I'm trying to replace.

Sure. It's always someone else....... Just kidding. :D Good luck with that repair. I hope the gun was real cheap.

Mike

Birddog13
May 23, 2006, 04:25 PM
Thanks that helps. I was not forsure if it was soldered or dry fit.

Thanks again

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington 1100 Action Spring Tube" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!