Another problem with my remmies

PDA

Ferret
May 23, 2006, 03:50 PM
two problems here that I hope i can get some answers to.

1- Where can I get new, higher, front sights for my Remmies. I still have no idea who actually made these, but, I am most prob going to take them into the gun smith and get the barrel dovetailed. What is the best replacement?

2- With the hammer at full cock, it is still blocking the groove so that i cant sight down the goove to align the front sight. What i am doing at the moment is sighting 'blind', ie, sighting high and then dropping the muzzle until i have just lost the front sight. Is it ok to grind down the top of the hammer?

If you enjoyed reading about "Another problem with my remmies" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sjohns
May 23, 2006, 06:01 PM
I think I'm going to get a target remington front sight and ramp for my carbine. Vti has them:

https://www.vtigunparts.com/ab2240000Equick/shopdisplaycategories.asp?id=15&cat=Uberti

They have parts for Pietta Pedersoli and Uberti

sundance44s
May 23, 2006, 06:02 PM
Is this the remmie with the brass post front sight ? i remember seeing a pic posted on here if it is .. the sight does look a little short . you can buy a steel post or a dovetailed post type front sight at vtigunworks .. look again and see if the top of the hammer is really in the way .. its not on any of mine i can see the top of the barrel at the base of the front sight with the hammer cocked . The Pietta remmies there have the pressed in post and the Ubertis have the dovetailed post . and if your gonna take it too a gun smith ..he might be able to just build up on what you already have , i`d check with him before i ordered a sight .

If you enjoyed reading about "Another problem with my remmies" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!