SP101 lasergrips QUESTIONS

PDA

R.W.Dale
May 23, 2006, 08:02 PM
I'm about to take the plunge on a set of Crimsion Trace laser grips for my 4" sp101 32h&r. I'm wondering if any of you fella have any experiance with lasergrips for this model. I would especally like to know if the lasergrips are any shorter than the factory grips.

Or if you have any input on the lasergrip product in general please chime in.

If you enjoyed reading about "SP101 lasergrips QUESTIONS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
P95Carry
May 23, 2006, 09:10 PM
You say 4"!! Had thought 3" was the max on that - no matter!

I have CT's on my 2 1/4" and they are great - and I wouldn't say the grips are any shorter, but slightly different profile, plus they are somewhat solid as against rubber and so with full house loads a bit uncomfortable after too many shots!

That said the laser works very well indeed - nice discrete pressure switch to front of grip so they come on (if master sw on) with ease when normal grip taken. They do not need much set up and once zero'd (mine at 7-10 yards) they hold that. Inside and outside that distance a small parallex error will occur but for combat purposes not enough to matter.

I personally heartily recommend them - and have two other revo sets and three sets on my SIG's - says something huh?! :)

http://www.acbsystems.com/boards/thr/cb_gun2/sp-101-s.jpg

R.W.Dale
May 23, 2006, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the info, here is a pic of my lil sp

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/krochus/32HR.jpg

P95Carry
May 23, 2006, 09:44 PM
Ahh, nice - so the .32 H&R has the longer barrel option - nice gun.

Well you can compare my grips to yours - in fact now a huge difference really. CT's are comfortable - just a bit hard. Still love em tho!

R.W.Dale
May 23, 2006, 09:50 PM
Well just as long as the CT grips aren't much shorter I'll be fine. I use this handgun more for sporting uses than aything else so I'm not worried about size as I would with a CCW weapon, But I just don't want to have to crowd my fingers any more than I already do with this gun.

If it's not too much trouble could you take a measurment from the bottom of the trigger guard to the bott of the grip.

P95Carry
May 23, 2006, 09:56 PM
Best as I can measure - 2 1/4" - I have big hands and when held have a good grip - with pinkie half in contact - so not out in space!

Not bad at all.

R.W.Dale
May 23, 2006, 10:01 PM
Best as I can measure - 2 1/4" - I have big hands and when held have a good grip - with pinkie half in contact - so not out in space!

Not bad at all.

That's great! the stockers on my SP measure about 1 3/8" When I shoot mine my pinkie is wrapped underneath the grip. I'm definatly ordering a set now.

P95Carry
May 23, 2006, 10:04 PM
Wow - had not remembered your grips as being that short!

Well yes - I do think you'll find the extra length useful. Good luck.

torpid
May 23, 2006, 10:09 PM
Yes, they definitely will give your pinky some fresh real estate.

I love 'em (once again thanks to P95Carry's advice). :)

Now we need Cosmoline to come in and add even more praise...

.http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=30429&d=1130437796

R.W.Dale
May 24, 2006, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the replies fellas, I just E-bayed me a set for 180 bucks, I'm such a weenie I just had to pay an x-tra $6.50 to ger 2'nd day air shipping:evil: Hopefully I'll have them here to play with over the weekend.

If you enjoyed reading about "SP101 lasergrips QUESTIONS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!