Shooting Watch

PDA

Zip06
April 27, 2003, 05:25 PM
Obviously the constant recoil of a firearm is going to have an effect on a wrist watch. How much? No one knows but it must be something. The Casio G-Shock is generally regarded to be a very rugged watch. My only problem with the G Shock is that it is so thick.

Does anyone know of a very rugged watch that is less thick than a G-Shock?

If you enjoyed reading about "Shooting Watch" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Zak Smith
April 27, 2003, 08:40 PM
No problems with my $170 Wenger Titanium (quartz) shooting tens of thousands of rounds of 9x19, .40SW, .45ACP, .44RM, .223, and .308.

How about the opposite question:

If shooting wrecked your watch, post what you were shooting, and what kind of watch it was.

-z

Zip06
April 27, 2003, 08:45 PM
No, I have not ruined any watch but it seems to me that the sudden energy caused by recoil must have an effect upon the watch. I just want to get a strong, rugged watch that is thinner than the G-Shock.

HABU
April 27, 2003, 09:28 PM
For 20 years I have been wearing a Timex Atlantis. I have had it down to 150', fired many tens of thousands of rounds with it on, have worn it daily as a carpenter (where it has seen its most severe punishment). It has eaten several sets of pins, bands and batteries and has not failed me. Not bad for a $30 watch thats just under 3/8" thick (measure yours).

Now, If I could find another one or two of them, I would be happy as a clam at high tide, not needing another utility watch for the rest of my life.

Standing Wolf
April 27, 2003, 10:41 PM
I do most of my shooting bullseye-style, and wear my watch on my weak hand wrist—but now that you mention it, I'll start leaving my watch in the car at the range, since I've been doing some two-handed practice.

Outlander
April 28, 2003, 07:01 AM
I wear a cheap Timex digital ... never had a problem.
Thickness ... about 3/8"

New_comer
April 28, 2003, 07:44 AM
I have been using a Tissot quartz watch since I began shooting three years ago, with no noticeable detrimental effect.

It's quite heavy , but not as thick as a G-shock. ;)

Betty
April 28, 2003, 10:25 AM
Please refer to the current watch thread here:
http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20018

Closing this one for redundancy

If you enjoyed reading about "Shooting Watch" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!