Ammo for Modelo 30 Columbian 7mm Mauser

PDA

woodwhore
May 24, 2006, 09:12 PM
I recently bought some old 175 grain ball ammo for the Mauser that shot great at 100 yds. But I tried to rezero with 175 grain Federal premiums that refused to settle down. After 40 rds of that and a steel buttplate indent in my shoulder, I needed to rethink whats going on. A Mauser manual said the gun is made for 175 gr ammo. Anyone have any ideas? A new slip on rubber pad is installed and I am ready to go. Help me please!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Ammo for Modelo 30 Columbian 7mm Mauser" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Gordon
May 24, 2006, 09:37 PM
If this is an un modified Milsurp, I'd stick with surplus ball if you can find it! Otherwise try S&B or Privi Partizan both of which offer a soft point. 7mm domestic ammo is usually loaded very lightly in defference to 7mm Rolling blocks out there!

If you enjoyed reading about "Ammo for Modelo 30 Columbian 7mm Mauser" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!