Talley Lightweight Mounts?

PDA

Sulaco
May 25, 2006, 07:54 PM
I haven't heard alot about Talley's Lightweight Mounts but what I have heard is mostly good. Any opinions?

I am planning to mount a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40MC in a set on a Weatherby Vanguard long action. The Talley website says to use the "low" mounts.

Any advice is appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Talley Lightweight Mounts?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
army_eod
May 25, 2006, 08:36 PM
I have a set of the one-piece mounts for a Rem 700 that worked great. Talley will give you a military discount if that applies.

dakotasin
May 25, 2006, 09:28 PM
excellent mounts, great price.

use the lows.

i have talleys on a dozen or so rifles, and really am a fan.

Sulaco
May 25, 2006, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the info. I figured they were good to go, just wanted to check since I am new to aluminum and one piece base/ring setups. I guess I was a little worried that the alloy would eventually fail, or at least sooner than steel would, but it sounds like alloys have come a long way recently.

I just realized Talley is practically in my backyard. They are out of Santee, SC and I live in Lexington.

dakotasin
May 25, 2006, 11:29 PM
i run talley lightweights on a 338 win mag - no failures to date, and i shoot a lot...

Huff762
May 26, 2006, 11:22 AM
I use them on a Kimber 8400 .300 WSM and couldn't be more pleased.

If you enjoyed reading about "Talley Lightweight Mounts?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!