Ruger Old army cylinder mod

PDA

frosty
May 25, 2006, 08:37 PM
Has anyone on this forum had the cylinder bored out on there Old Army? At this point in time, about 47 gr of Pyrodex P will come within 1/16" from the top of the cylinder face with around 3/8" compression to seat my bullets. There are no signs of problems, but I could stand to gai a few more grains, because I'm taking it as a primary weapon pig hunting. Penetration testing has shown good results, but more would be better when it comes to pigs. How much of an increase do you get:scrutiny: :evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger Old army cylinder mod" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Manyirons
May 25, 2006, 09:15 PM
ALL of mine includin tha spare cylinders. One a tha smiths standard modifications, dependin on type of powder and tha granulation, expect about 5 ta 7 and a half grains extra.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger Old army cylinder mod" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!