mini 14 trade in

PDA

bbutler
May 26, 2006, 06:59 PM
If you were a dealer how much would you give someone for one of the new minis if they wanted to trade it in?

If you enjoyed reading about "mini 14 trade in" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Nhsport
May 26, 2006, 07:16 PM
This is going to varry big time from place to place and store to store. When I traded mine several years agoI did better at a store that carried many types of evil black rifles (ARs HKs ect).
You will most always do better when actually tradeing as opposed to outright sale,you might try a shop that does consignment sales.
Look hard at what you have for mags,any factory large capicity mags will carry a interest as Ruger won't sell them to anyone but LE. the mini is picky with mags and the non factory brands don't work real well.
I owned my Ranch for 10 years and got 85% of what I paid new but I had a stack of factory mags I had bought the first couple of years I owned the gun and I made plenty on them. Put it all towards my first Ar and never looked back. Some of the Rugers shoot decent but I had one that was so horrible I couldn't keep half my shots on a 10" paper plate at 50 yards.
If you bought this gun new don't expect to get more than 50% of what you paid for it unless you bought it years ago.

MyRoad
May 26, 2006, 09:37 PM
The local shop gives 50% of what he would sell it for new. If a Mini-14 lists for $800, he'd sell it for about $600, which means he'd buy one used - assuming it was in great condition - for about $300. Then (depending on the condition) he'd ask $500 and probably happily take $450. Another local store owner told me he prefers to sell used guns because he has a much higher mark-up on them then new ones.

If you enjoyed reading about "mini 14 trade in" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!