Moore Teat Fire revolver Converted to centerfire

PDA

Mike Faires
May 26, 2006, 10:41 PM
I recently aquired what I have identified as a Moore Teat Fire Revolver or National firearms teat fire 32. Heres the deal it was converted long ago to 32 centerfire. Don't know if it was factory or a gunsmith job. Has anyone else found such a conversion? Also looking for some parts long shot but I need a mainspring and a trigger spring. Neat old gun.

If you enjoyed reading about "Moore Teat Fire revolver Converted to centerfire" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim March
May 26, 2006, 11:25 PM
That doesn't seem safe.

Odds are that gun was set up for black powder. I have a bad feeling that running smokeless loads, even mild 32S&W or 32S&WLong, might be...bigtime suboptimal. The only way I'd fire that thing is with a padded vice and long string.

There are some 32S&W/Long family loads in black powder being made for the SASS/CAS crowd. You might consider finding some and shooting them AFTER giving the gun a checkout at a minimum (see stickied thread, this forum) and having a gunsmith do so best bet.

Personally, I think I'd woodcraft a nice case for it and make it a piece of decor versus use it as a shooter.

If you enjoyed reading about "Moore Teat Fire revolver Converted to centerfire" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!