Ruger Speed Six 357 mag

PDA

skellymo
May 27, 2006, 12:44 AM
Can anyone help me find a firing pin for a speed six 357? It is a 1976 200 Year gun. Or where I can send it to get it fixed. I was told by local gunsmith that it needs a firing pin and spring. I`d like to send it to Ruger or a good gunsmith, if I can find out where and how to send it. Thanks in advance Jerry

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger Speed Six 357 mag" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bpisler
May 27, 2006, 12:59 AM
I would try ruger first,i would think that they
used the same firing pin on all the "'six"
series of pistols. www.ruger.com will get
you started.

Dienekes
May 27, 2006, 11:16 PM
Sounds funny to me. Exactly *why* does the gun allegedly need a new firing pin? My agency had a bunch of them; I have used these guns hard for over 20 years, plus I had Ruger's armorer training on them and the GP-100s. Never, ever heard of a firing pin problem of any type whatsoever.

If you are getting light hammer strikes and misfires that is likely a spring problem. Post your situation here and we may figure something out. Alternatively just box it up with a note and ship it in to Ruger. They made it and they know how to fix it. Replacement of a firing pin is a factory job anyway, and I doubt they would supply the part to anyone outside in any case.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger Speed Six 357 mag" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!