AR trigger function...?

PDA

Detritus
May 27, 2006, 08:31 AM
Ok either the trigger in the Lower i built is in need of some help or it's just been too dang long since i picked up a non-match AR...
either way, the trigger seems somehow "wrong".

Ok, this is a stag lower with a DPMS parts kit inside, issue i am having is, what i can best describe as "it resets hard/harshly". ie when i release the trigger after firing a shot (or dryfiring and returning the hammer to the rear by hand either directly by hand with the upper off or by cycling withe charging handle) the movement of the hammer from the disconnector to the sear, is hard and abrupt with an audible "clunk" (as in audible from 5-10 feet away) that jumps the trigger forward failry hard.

maybe this is normal i don't know (all but two of the ARs i've fired were equipped with 2-stage NM type triggers, and the "Normal" guns were over 10 years ago.) but until i get word one way or the other as to whether it is, i can't stop being concerned. and if it IS normal i might have to find an AR trigger that does not do it, it bothers me that much.

as always, any and all info is appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "AR trigger function...?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
1911 guy
May 27, 2006, 11:06 AM
Remember that the stock AR trigger is a semi auto modification of a full auto design. The space between disconnect and sear is long because of the original design to allow select fire. I have a DPMS lower, it does the same thing every time. I've started to use it to my advantage, ensuring correct follow through. If I don't hear it, I know I slapped the trigger instead of getting a smooth press and waiting to call the shot before release.

rbernie
May 27, 2006, 12:24 PM
They all do that. It's not a bug; it's a feature. :)

Detritus
May 27, 2006, 04:06 PM
Ok, good to know it's SUPPOSED to do this :rolleyes:

gonna take some getting used to though.......

thanks guys

Still 2 Many Choices!?
May 27, 2006, 06:57 PM
Along with that feature that allows you to hear and feel the trigger reset, you get that cool buffer reverb sound that tell you when you are out of ammo:cool:! Shwing, nnnnng, shwing,nnnng, shwing,..., time to reload;) !

If you enjoyed reading about "AR trigger function...?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!