CA legal M1A or M25

PDA

sundance
May 27, 2006, 03:11 PM
I'm interested in either a Springrield M1A match or a M25. Heard they make models for CA. Does anyone know what they are? I figure it's about suppressors and magazines, but not sure about models available. Any info?

**CA. is beautiful, but our gun laws SUCK. :cuss:

If you enjoyed reading about "CA legal M1A or M25" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
point45
May 27, 2006, 03:23 PM
same rifle, just a muzzle brake instead of the flash supressor.

loadedround
May 27, 2006, 05:00 PM
Sundance: Sold in California w/o a bayonet lug on the muzzle brake and with a 10 round magazine. Info per literature that came with my M1A.

Coronach
May 27, 2006, 06:04 PM
Yes, it is the same basic rifle, with a different muzzle device. I don't know why anyone would fiddle with abominations like the FAB and fixed-magazine FALs (or non-PG equipped variations) when the M1A is (still) legal in basically unbastardized format.

Naturally, the previously-mentioned rifles should not be required at all, as their verbotten analogs should likewise be legal, but still...

Mike

trbon8r
May 27, 2006, 08:14 PM
As others mentioned, the CA rifle is basically the same rifle as sold in free states.

If you can, try to find an older M1A for sale. They can be had in used but not abused condition for cheaper than a new rifle. Also, the older rifles have more USGI parts which are generally higher in quality than reproduction parts.

Be advised that whatever avenue you pursue to get an M1A, do not under any circumstances go to Arizona or Nevada to buy 20 round magazines. It makes Barbara Boxer and Dianne Feinstein very upset. :neener:

If you want to learn more about M1A type rifles you can go here:

http://www.m-14forum.com/index.php?

Davo
May 27, 2006, 10:54 PM
I just wanna add that the "loaded" m1a is a great rifle, and would have been a fearsome weapon (still is in limited numbers). I shot one a few weeks back and was very impressed.

If you enjoyed reading about "CA legal M1A or M25" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!