'Reel' guns for sale in gun rag ads.

PDA

natedog
April 28, 2003, 01:29 AM
Can someone give me the low-down on these things? The advertisement says "Reel" Guns for Sale, Guns from the movies, and then it has phrases around the perimeter of it that say: No FFl required, sold to anyone over 18, no license required, .25 cal, detachable magazines, accurate, full size, target practice, protection, complete with 100 rounds, free concealed weapons permit, no red tape, no background check required, no license required, no permit required. The add lists glocks, m9's DE's, m16, g3, ak's, SPAS, mp5, czech 9, usp, 1911, and Uzi. Also, they have a $40 .22cal revolver, a pocket .410 double barrel pistol, a 12 gauge pistol, and a full auto device. the company is called flashco, inc. can anyone tell me what's going on?

If you enjoyed reading about "'Reel' guns for sale in gun rag ads." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Justin
April 28, 2003, 03:02 AM
My understanding is that those are lookalike weapons. They aren't real, but some will cycle/fire blanks.

45R
April 28, 2003, 05:26 PM
A 12 Gauge Pistol......Who in their right mind would want to shoot that?!?!?!!

shermacman
April 28, 2003, 05:30 PM
I have a 12 guage pistol with a 10" stainless steel barrel...! :what: It is supposed to be a flare gun for commercial fishing. Oh boy what a blast! I get the good stuff from funammo.com. It is loud, a huge tongue of flame and a blast that makes people cheer! I can't wait for July 4th! Oh, the 'reel' guns are not 'real'.

Sven
April 28, 2003, 07:06 PM
Why do they list them as firing real bullets, but no FFL required?

I thought that ad in Shotgun News looked FISHY.

Zer000
April 28, 2003, 08:47 PM
The "Reel guns" are just airsoft spring guns. By .25 caliber, they mean that the airsoft BBs are .25 caliber. :rolleyes:

Don Gwinn
April 28, 2003, 09:14 PM
The "Reel Guns!" ads used to refer to guns that fired 8mm blanks--stage props, hence the name. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if the same company has moved on to Airsoft now. "Real bullets" is a relative term.

Yohan
April 28, 2003, 11:26 PM
Are they reliable at all?

If you enjoyed reading about "'Reel' guns for sale in gun rag ads." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!