Chinese 7.62 Short

PDA

english kanigit
May 28, 2006, 02:34 AM
A local shop has a few hundred rounds of chinese 7.62x39. The box is silver/ grey and marked as Norinco leadcore. Anyone have experience with this ammo?

ek

If you enjoyed reading about "Chinese 7.62 Short" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bluehawk
May 28, 2006, 10:55 AM
It's good ammo! I bought a case of it many years ago and still have some left...shot reliably and cleanly. The only reason I don't use it today is because it's no longer available since Clinton banned importation of Chinese ammo and firearms and am saving it in case it might someday become a collectors item.

gopguy
May 28, 2006, 11:11 AM
It is important to remember Chinese ammo marked non corrosive is still mildy corrosive. Clean the same day after use or you will have a rusty gun. ;)

kjeff50cal
May 28, 2006, 12:18 PM
Isn't that the ammo the Viet Nam Vets called Mekong match ammo??? Because it, was unfortunately for those who were on the wrong end of it, very accurate.

english kanigit
May 28, 2006, 03:08 PM
It is important to remember Chinese ammo marked non corrosive is still mildy corrosive.

Thanks for the advice. I figured as much but it helps to have confirmation! :cool:

The only problem is he's wanting $20/ 100. A wee bit much....:scrutiny:

If you enjoyed reading about "Chinese 7.62 Short" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!