AR15 by Continental Machine

PDA

Bluehawk
May 28, 2006, 09:43 AM
Some time ago I recieved a new AR15 upper and lower receiver from a friend who got them through a factory rep at Continental Machine Tool who makes receivers for Rock River Arms as well as Stag and worldwide military M16 contracts. The lower is marked with the Continental Machine Tool logo and I was wondering if others out there had them also or if what I have might possibly be rare?

If you enjoyed reading about "AR15 by Continental Machine" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
apxpred
May 28, 2006, 11:39 AM
Hmmmmmmmm , I thought Stag was CMT's in house brand. FWIW I recently put together a Stag M4gery, very nice quality. I have never heard of such markings but that don't mean much :D Perhaps some of the bro's @ arfcom could help.

Gordon
May 28, 2006, 01:09 PM
CMT makes the forgeings for many manufacturers. They finish them too, or some manufacterers finish themselves.They are capable of top drawer products if thats what they are contracted to produce!:)

Onmilo
May 28, 2006, 01:19 PM
Continental may be providing the forgings but the last time I talked to anyone up there, Rock River was doing their own machining in house.
Same goes for Colt and FNUSA and Elisco.

Detritus
May 28, 2006, 05:34 PM
not sure how long, or how many units CMT sold of their finished AR receivers, under the CMT branding before switching to the Stag brand name for their in-house finnished rifles and receivers. but if you really want one that has teh CMT logo (you're talking about that globe logo right?) instead of the Stag "Irish elk" (that's one big @#$@ deer) some are still floating around.

Bluehawk
May 28, 2006, 08:06 PM
Detritus
The lower I have is marked with the CMT name and Globe logo which is why I was asking if it was rare. Based on what you are saying, it's possible not many were produced with that logo...correct?

Detritus
May 28, 2006, 08:21 PM
Detritus
The lower I have is marked with the CMT name and Globe logo which is why I was asking if it was rare. Based on what you are saying, it's possible not many were produced with that logo...correct?

being totally honest i'm not sure how rare they are, I am under the impression though that the globe logoed "CMT" receivers are no longer being made. that "Stag" is now their tradename (at least in the US, not sure about elsewhere) for the finished AR parts

for a better answer AR15.com would be the best place to ask.

i personally have never seen a "CMT" marked receiver up close adn personal, just a pic or two on-line, by the time i became interested in ARs again a couple of years ago, the Stag brand was out and being pushed as a good stripped lower in competition to the likes of Double Star, and the Armalite "Eagle Arms" lowers

If you enjoyed reading about "AR15 by Continental Machine" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!