442 smith ?

PDA

CSA 357
May 28, 2006, 09:32 PM
who has one? i got one a few weeks ago, and cant seem to get used to the trigger pull , i do my own trigger jobs on my n and k frames but realy dont think ill mess with this one, should i trade it or just shoot it until i get used to the double action trigger? its a neet little cary gun at 15 oz, thanks*csa*:confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "442 smith ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TOADMAN
May 28, 2006, 10:05 PM
Definately keep it...The J-Frames take some time to get the rounds to go in the location that you want...Get some WWB 130 grain target ammo and get a good practice/training regiment goin and the 442 will grow on you to the point - you will never leave home withought it...

bubbygator
May 29, 2006, 12:25 AM
I've got one. Had my gunsmith do a minor slick on it ($50) & it works fine for me. Added Crimson Trace lasergrips & I'm good to go!

22-rimfire
May 29, 2006, 02:50 PM
I also have one and it functions and shoots just fine from my standpoint. The double action is smooth. I don't try to take 50 yd shots with mine, so at self-defense ranges, I can hit what I need to. The biggest negative I see with the 642/442 models is the ability to use speed loaders quickly. The cylinder just doesn't flip open far enough for a quick reload.

Dr_2_B
May 31, 2006, 04:10 PM
I figure I'll dry-fire mine a few bazillion more times and that should help out with the trigger pull. Besides, I didn't buy that thing to shoot targets 'fer sure.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=38796&stc=1&d=1145674838

If you enjoyed reading about "442 smith ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!