Smith and Wesson 9mm

PDA

barbino
May 29, 2006, 06:09 PM
Ok, I know nothing about guns. My husband recently passed away and while going thru some of this things I found a Smith and Wesson 9mm model 39-2. What is something like this worth?

If you enjoyed reading about "Smith and Wesson 9mm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
C-grunt
May 29, 2006, 06:22 PM
Im sorry for your loss.

The value of a firearm can vary, depending on age, configuration, condition, and historical value. The best thing to do would be to take it to a certified gunsmith. He could tell you a lot more than people here, who cant see it.

Iggy
May 29, 2006, 06:53 PM
The above post is good advice.

Suffice it to say the 39-2 is not a collector yet, BUT it is a very desirable gun that is no longer made. Don't let someone tell you it is a clunker and not worth much.

Get a couple of opinions from people you trust.

ACP230
May 29, 2006, 07:26 PM
I'm sorry for your loss.

You might check for M39s on www.gunsamerica.com.

That might give you some idea of the current market price.

I had a chance to buy a 39 some years ago, and passed in favor of a Browing Hi-Power. I sometimes wonder if I should have tried to get both.

May 29, 2006, 07:44 PM
What state are you in? If in California it would be worth more as the only way to get one is through local sale.

If you enjoyed reading about "Smith and Wesson 9mm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!