I'M Shure Proud Of This Shoot'n Iron

PDA

frosty
June 4, 2006, 05:41 PM
This is a 35yd offhand group I fired with 40 gr of H777, Fiber wad, grease wad, then a 200gr flat nose. This pistol was a gift(God bless him:D ), and will remain with me forever. The pearl grips feel great on my big hands! This pistol is my hog hunting companion!:evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "I'M Shure Proud Of This Shoot'n Iron" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
arcticap
June 4, 2006, 10:01 PM
Awfully purdy gun Keemosabi! ;)

ROAshooter
June 4, 2006, 10:45 PM
ROAs can be very addictive......has been my favorite handgun for thirty years.....

huli
June 5, 2006, 08:28 AM
Mine will be here today according to uPS, hope to shoot it today if daylight permits. Will let yall know how it does. Thanks Steve:D

Across The Pond
June 5, 2006, 04:10 PM
Good looking gun - owned a ROA myself, sold it a couple of years ago, regretted it since.. :(

It's a keep-er! - Enjoy!

Regds, ATP

Ferret
June 5, 2006, 05:56 PM
Nice looker, nice groups... One day I will treat myself to one... until then...

frosty
June 5, 2006, 08:13 PM
I dont know if you noticed, but the front sight is one I made myself, a Colt style, and about .100 higher than original. This seems to have resolved the problem of the gun shooting high, and I hear that complaint on this forum from time to time. A few more slight mods, and I'll unlock the full potential...:evil:

MCgunner
June 5, 2006, 09:13 PM
Nice shootin' with a purdy shootin' iron!

The Sicilian
June 9, 2006, 01:17 PM
Excellent shooting Frosty! I've been hitting a hanging bowling pin at fifty yards with my Old Army but I'm not as consistant as you are, beautiful shooting. I'd be proud if I could get groups like that at 35 yards!!! :what:

-mario.

If you enjoyed reading about "I'M Shure Proud Of This Shoot'n Iron" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!