New sight blade for Single Six

PDA

TN_shooter
June 5, 2006, 09:39 PM
Can you get em in different colors? Im looking for either red or gold, thanks guys.

If you enjoyed reading about "New sight blade for Single Six" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BreakingAces
June 6, 2006, 12:51 AM
I've never done this myself, but I've seen people paint the blades to colors that best suit them. If you can't find a replacement blade, maybe you could try that.

TN_shooter
June 6, 2006, 01:25 AM
DOH!! Didnt even think about painting it, thank you.

swampdog
June 6, 2006, 01:37 AM
Williams makes a firesight for the Single Six. Brownell's sells different paints for front sights, too. I've always used fingernail polish, myself. A small jar of gold model paint would probably do what you want.
Various custom gunmakers offer sights for ruger SAs, but they are expensive. I'd like to have www.clementscustomguns.com work on mine but, for the money, I could get a Freedom Arms.

paul105
June 6, 2006, 10:57 PM
I got some model airplane paint at wal mart for a buck. Florescent green works real good. If you use the gun in a holster, it will have to be redone periodically. Try whatever color you like. Bow hunting, I've found that the green fibre optic sights are the first to be seen in the AM and last to go dark in the PM.

FWIW,

Paul

If you enjoyed reading about "New sight blade for Single Six" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!