How Bizzare is this, TJ mullin, who knew?

PDA

atek3
April 29, 2003, 04:08 AM
So I'm writing this paper on the history of gun control and I look over at my well used copies of Unintended Consequences and Boston's Gun Bible and noticed their forewords were both written buy a fellow named "timothy mullin". I reread the forewords and was like, "wow this guy is hardcore." Then I read the tag line giving tim's credentials and noticed at the bottom, "TJ mullin currently practices law in St. Louis, Missouri."
Then it Clicked!

TJ Mullin is this bankruptcy lawyer in St. Louis, MO who had TV ads every day when I was a kid. Talk about a clark kent- superman scenario. Every day I watched mr. mild mannered Mullin come on TV and entice people in debt to file for bankruptcy. Little did I know, he was Timothy Mullin, Hard-Core Gun Rights Gunfighter.
The story gets even wierder when I remembered that my best friend as a kid LIVED ACROSS THE STREET FROM HIM and their families were good friends.
Life is wierd eh?

atek3

If you enjoyed reading about "How Bizzare is this, TJ mullin, who knew?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bogie
April 29, 2003, 09:55 AM
Yeah, he's a little mousy lookin' fellow, but I sure wouldn't want to tangle with him. IIRC, he and JR cooked up a scenario when folks were talking about "less than lethal" weapons. TJ and John would start at one end of an alley, and the two proponents of less than lethal would start at the other. JR and TJ would be wearing shorts, tennies, sunglasses and fanny packs with checks for $10,000 in 'em. And carrying softball bats. The "less than lethal" folks get to have the toy of their choice. Pepper spray, stun gun, whatever. But they've gotta sign a waiver for injury. If they can take the fanny packs away, they get to keep the money.

No takers.

Nice guy.

I think he'd fit in with with THR.

Ian
April 29, 2003, 10:42 AM
Aside from intros, he's also written a couple books of his own (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=books&field-author=Mullin%2C%20Timothy%20J./002-7721042-2041602). I haven't read any of them yet, but I'm planning one picking up one or two shortly.

wendy
May 2, 2003, 02:29 AM
I have seen him at one of the local ranges shooting.

I also have a friend who has most of his books.

atek3
May 2, 2003, 03:54 AM
which range, bullseye, benchrest club, or bush wildlife?

atek3

wendy
May 2, 2003, 04:08 AM
Bullseye

atek3
May 2, 2003, 05:12 AM
cool, before i moved away from st. louis I shot at bullseye almost exclusively.

atek3

wendy
May 2, 2003, 05:16 AM
it's a really nice range, they have been doing a lot of improvements to it.

haven't been there in a few months though, work has been killing us with overtime. not that I am complaining about making extra money. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "How Bizzare is this, TJ mullin, who knew?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!