CCW on Paul Harvey

PDA

Country Boy
April 29, 2003, 09:05 AM
I heard Paul Harvey this morning (Tuesday 4/29), and re-listened to the story on www.paulharvey.com. Go to about 4:25 on the Tuesday morning link. I tried to transcribe it as best as I could.

For what it's worth, a woman motorist pulled up at a stop sign in Warren, Michigan. Surprised when a man opened her door and pretended to have a gun, and ordered her to give him money. She opened her purse and pulled out a licensed 9mm handgun, and pointed it in his face, and she said, "If you're gonna shoot me, then do it, because I very definitely am gonna kill you.." He's not yet stopped running.

If you enjoyed reading about "CCW on Paul Harvey" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cool45auto
April 29, 2003, 09:14 AM
Very nice. This kind of exposure is good.:)

Carlos Cabeza
April 29, 2003, 10:45 AM
"He's not stopped running"
And the woman went about her business.

And THAT.............Is the rest of the story. :D

Nathaniel Firethorn
April 29, 2003, 10:57 AM
For what it's worth, a woman motorist pulled up at a stop sign in Warren, Michigan. Surprised when a man opened her door and pretended to have a gun, and ordered her to give him money. Car trumps handgun -- plus what was she doing with the door unlocked?"If you're gonna shoot me, then do it, because I very definitely am gonna kill you.."Drawing on a drawn gun is usually contraindicated.

- pdmoderator

Double Naught Spy
April 29, 2003, 11:32 AM
The story was posted here previously...
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15825&highlight=warren

Strange story. She reported the incident long after it occurred. On top of that, her tactics were horrible. You NEVER tell somebody to go ahead and shoot you because otherwise you will shoot them when at contact distance like that. Either shoot the bad guy or drive away, but force him to try to kill you. While he may not have had a gun, that does not mean he didn't have a weapon and offering first strike is a horrible idea.

Read the original post. In normal Paul Harvey fashion, he left out a lot of relevant details and lost some as well. The woman never knew if the man had a gun or not, only that he pressed something against her jaw that she thought was a gun.

Delmar
April 29, 2003, 12:58 PM
Probably not the wise move to tell the guy to shoot, but then again, none of us were there. Some suppositions here for sure, but say the guys heart just wasn't in it, or maybe he really did not have a firearm, or any number of things.
This woman is either incredibly lucky (likely) or was able to read the BG's motives and limits.

Nothing I would try, but I did have a situation a long time ago where some kids were walking down my suburban street with a small caliber hand gun on a Saturday night, occasionally shooting it into the grass and laughing. I turned out the lights and opened the main door, and racked the handle on my 870-no ammo in it. Those young punks took off like a jack rabbit leaving a coyote.

Yes, they were farther away and could not immediately tell exactly where I was, but as the old saying goes, "the mere presence of a firearm.........."
BTW, the sound of the bolt cycling on that 870 on a hot, still summer Texas night sure does sound ominous!

Sylvilagus Aquaticus
April 29, 2003, 02:22 PM
sometimes a really good audio-visual aid is enough, right Delmar?

Regards,
Rabbit.

Bainx
April 29, 2003, 03:25 PM
Bainx say...Paul Harvey, bad ju-ju, bad ju-ju!:barf:

George Hill
April 29, 2003, 03:58 PM
Paul Harvey has often made pro gun comments.

Standing Wolf
April 29, 2003, 06:09 PM
I'd say it would have been a good idea for her to report the attempted crime: the criminal might have gone to the police with a very different version of events and her license plate number.

Blackcloud6
April 30, 2003, 11:26 AM
I work in Warren, MI and never heard of this. It may have happened, may not. Sounds fishy to me.

Grin&Barrett
April 30, 2003, 11:37 AM
Obviously she didn't live in IL:banghead:

RustyHammer
April 30, 2003, 02:35 PM
... and police are following the warm "trail" he left at the scene.:what:

Diesle
April 30, 2003, 02:51 PM
Though not technically correct, its a fun yarn to spin!

Diesle

If you enjoyed reading about "CCW on Paul Harvey" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!