How about this idea for ladies concealed carry!

PDA

Redlg155
April 29, 2003, 02:28 PM
I'm not quite sure whether this will deter or get you into more trouble!

From...
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_736658.html?menu= .

Handbags showing gun outline designed to deter robbers

Handbags showing the outline of a gun or a knife are being sold to women to protect them from robbers.

http://www.ananova.com/images/web/39765.jpg

Two Dutch designers are behind the handbags which make it look as if they contain a weapon.

Hein van Dam, 28, and his colleague Carolien Vlieger, 27, are behind the designs which also include a handbag featuring the outline of a crucifix.

Mr van Dam told Het Laatste Nieuws: "People like our handbags. Most of our clients understand there is no real pistol or knife hiding in this handbag.

"Only to older people we have to explain what the meaning is of the handbag and that we don¹t want to send everyone armed into the streets."

He says they have developed the designs in response to media reports of growing fear of crime in their home city of Rotterdam.

The handbags can be bought online for £60 each at the Studiostraks website.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thought this might be of interest. :D

Good Shooting
Red

If you enjoyed reading about "How about this idea for ladies concealed carry!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TarpleyG
April 29, 2003, 02:35 PM
:what: Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!

MJRW
April 29, 2003, 02:39 PM
Holy crap what a monstrously bad idea.

1. They make their bag a target for stealing.
2. They make themselves a target.
3. They don't even have the ability to back it up.

Azrael256
April 29, 2003, 02:44 PM
These just SCREAM "I'm unarmed, please don't hurt me!" Whooooooooo bad idea. Also, you'd think they could pick a better knife. That one looks like a kitchen knife! Why not a Ka-Bar or something like it?

That being said, I'd still give one to the better half just for laughs.

spacemanspiff
April 29, 2003, 02:44 PM
well gee, why not make pants that print the outline of a handgun around the waist? with a matching shirt that prints in the same place as well? it would go great with a hat that reads "Concealed Weapon Permit Holder" on the head and a shiny "Concealed Weapon Badge" on the belt. You could even have a pager that looks like a spare magazine to fill out the entire package.
:rolleyes:

griz
April 29, 2003, 02:46 PM
:rolleyes:

The only thing worse than advertising the fact that you are carrying concealed is advertising and NOT carrying!

Seems it would draw a lot of LEO attention too.

bogie
April 29, 2003, 02:50 PM
Heh - I don't carry. Don't live in a state that permits it... I do, however, routinely carry my Uncle Mike's fanny pack. Never been called on it, but I do get some looks...

It's a nice shade of purple, by the way...

keyhole
April 29, 2003, 02:52 PM
Something about not being able to support what you are offering?
Verry dangerous idea! Good for trail lawyers though, someone would get sued over it. "Gee, I thought that it would protect me"

JeanC
April 29, 2003, 02:54 PM
Gaack, no thanks, those are just plain ugly. I'll stick with the purse I've got, basic black goes with everything I own :)

AJ Dual
April 29, 2003, 03:00 PM
Just the thing for your female RKBA "sleeper cell" to take to the next MMM march. :D

TallPine
April 29, 2003, 03:03 PM
You could even have a pager that looks like a spare magazine to fill out the entire package.

What about a cell phone shaped like a M1911 ...?

:D

cool45auto
April 29, 2003, 03:08 PM
OMG!:eek: :barf: :barf:

spacemanspiff
April 29, 2003, 04:56 PM
tallpine, dreamcatcher?

i was busting up while he was talking into the gun.

4v50 Gary
April 29, 2003, 05:14 PM
Asking for trouble. Better to be a sleeping tigress.

Zundfolge
April 29, 2003, 05:19 PM
actually these would be perfect for women who live in non-CCW areas to carry to rallies and such (I'm picturing pro CCW rallies in Chicago).

I believe this is what Claire Wolfe means by "monkeywrenching"

:evil:

gbelleh
April 29, 2003, 05:33 PM
They don't even look real. The knife one looks especially stupid. :rolleyes:

Standing Wolf
April 29, 2003, 05:53 PM
Personally, I believe I'd put quite a little more faith in the real thing—if I carried a purse, that is.

GhostShooter
April 29, 2003, 06:07 PM
"Hein van Dam, 28, and his colleague Carolien Vlieger, 27, are behind the designs which also include a handbag featuring the outline of a crucifix."

Now there's an innovative company. They're ready for everything from that pesky steak you can't cut to Vampireshttp://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/scared.gif

http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/2M16.gif

Hardtarget
April 29, 2003, 10:43 PM
If you really think you want one of those, just run down to the local airport...you'll probably find a few in the trash...
Mark.

MeekandMild
April 29, 2003, 10:48 PM
Fredericks of Hollywood should be selling these soon. :rolleyes:

Bogie, I'll bet that pack would blend in better if you went with a lighter shade of lipstick!:neener:

Bowlcut
April 29, 2003, 11:39 PM
but doesnt that gun outline in the bag look remarkably like a walther p22 or p99.????

oh well, stupid people everywhere....unless it was functional like a kydex type hoster :D

Admiral Thrawn
April 29, 2003, 11:54 PM
Rediculously bad idea. :barf:

Also, it looks completely fake (and the bags themselves look abhorrid).

ahadams
April 30, 2003, 12:06 AM
does this have anything to do with the fact that many hard drugs are legal in that country? hmm....

Darrin
April 30, 2003, 12:15 AM
but doesnt that gun outline in the bag look remarkably like a walther p22 or p99. I'll say P22.

Otherwise, I think TarpleyG said it best:
:what: Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!

voilsb
April 30, 2003, 12:21 AM
you would think that a bag which prints with that sort of detail would also print every other item in the handbag.

chances are, it doesn't. which would make these cry out "fake" to all who see them. especially when you consider how perfectly balanced and shaped those outlines look. nothing like it would actually look if there was really something there.

I agree. stupid, stupid, stupid.

RTFM
April 30, 2003, 09:33 AM
Those are so U-G-L-Y I don't even think cross dressers would want them!

spacemanspiff
April 30, 2003, 12:23 PM
i dunno rtfm, lets go ask AlexKnight over at Glocktalk if he would carry one of those purses. :D

Teufelhunden
April 30, 2003, 12:50 PM
Mr van Dam told Het Laatste Nieuws: "People like our handbags. Most of our clients understand there is no real pistol or knife hiding in this handbag.

So...their clients are intelligent enough to just 'know' that there aren't really weapons in the bag, but criminals are assumed to be stupid enough that they won't also somehow 'know? :confused:

-Teuf

RTFM
May 1, 2003, 08:23 AM
i dunno rtfm, lets go ask AlexKnight over at Glocktalk if he would carry one of those purses.

http://smilies.crowd9.com/contrib/blackeye/lol.gif

Ouch, I don't know who he is, but I can spot a bodyslam from a mile away.

Gus Dddysgrl
May 1, 2003, 11:44 AM
Hmmm a Mary Kay rep is coming to my house to try and sell me some make-up or nailpolish or anything girlie like that, I think I should show her this pic to see if anything she has would match it cause I know none of the females I know have anything to match that.

:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides who needs a purse when you have pockets?

Also I can imagine all these little 13 year-olds running around the mall with one of those as if it was the new fad. Wonder what kinda reaction that would get. :rolleyes:

Oh and definitely would rather be the sleeping tigress-nothing more fun then totally surprising people with the unexpected ability of one who was thought to be of a lower level of experience.

Oh the pink one...did they just come from cooking class????? That's so not a knife to carry.

Honestly I don't know wether I wanted to barf or fall over laughing when I first saw those pics.

spacemanspiff
May 1, 2003, 12:10 PM
Ouch, I don't know who he is, but I can spot a bodyslam from a mile away.

its all in good fun. alex is a good sport and is routinely burned at glocktalk.

If you enjoyed reading about "How about this idea for ladies concealed carry!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!