trouble finding cast bullets?

PDA

CSA 357
June 10, 2006, 08:05 PM
am i the only one having trouble finding cast bullets? i realy dont like to have them shipped it runs the price up, but looks like i dont have much chose if i need them now, and the price is going up every day! i ordered 5 boxes of 44 cal swc and 2 boxs of 357 swc , bit still havent found the 45 cal 185 gr swc i need , *csa*:confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "trouble finding cast bullets?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
quiknot
June 10, 2006, 10:31 PM
i found some at gander one time...plus they can usually order some and you do not have to pay the shipping...

AnthonyRSS
June 10, 2006, 11:00 PM
I can buy very few reloading components locally.

Try www.magnusbullets.com

They are good stuff.

aufevermike
June 10, 2006, 11:26 PM
How about www.bullshop.gunloads.com ? He only charges $10 for up to 40 pounds.

pistoleer44
June 11, 2006, 04:59 PM
Try www.northeastbullet.com. $43 for a box of 1000 delivered to your front door. You can get hard or soft cast with either moly or wax lube. You can't beat the price or the bullet.

CSA 357
June 11, 2006, 09:12 PM
yea i tryed magnus, thats what i use alot, he said he was way behind, even after i told him i could pick them up myself i guess it was cause i only wanted 6 boxs? i order some from midsouth shooters suply, but the 45 cal 185 gr swc where on back order , i dont like to get low on powder primers and lead,but im gona keep on looking! i have worked up loads for the magnus bullets and kinna hate to change, *csa* thanks guys!

Pumpkinheaver
June 12, 2006, 12:55 AM
Sign up at national bullet for their e mail bulletins. Every once and a while they will have a free shipping sale. They had one last weekend.

bobaloo
June 13, 2006, 01:35 PM
My favorites come from www.precisionbullets.com, they're cast bullets with a solid layer of moly/teflon/whatever over the outside and do not cause leading at all. Their prices are cheaper than many plain cast bullets, you can buy a USPS bulk rate box full for $8 shipping, I got 3500 .40 bullets for about $140 delivered.

CSA 357
June 17, 2006, 06:37 PM
i orderd what i need from midsouth shooters supply ,some of it is on back order , thanks for the replys folks!*csa*:)

jazurell
June 18, 2006, 01:35 AM
Midstates:
http://www.carrollsweb.com/gunshop/html/midstates_cast_bullets.html
& Oregon Trail:
http://www.laser-cast.com/
But both seem to work well in my commander sized, 1911.

Bluehawk
June 18, 2006, 06:25 AM
Having trouble finding good cast bullets locally was the very reason I started casting my own and stockpiled several hundred pounds of Linotype years ago before California stopped letting us buy scrap wheelweights and Linotype!
My prayers are with you!!!!!!

"It's not that I'm afraid to die...it's just that I don't want to be around when it happens!"

Rottweiler
June 21, 2006, 05:06 PM
Every time I see a thread like this one, the idea of starting to cast bullets on a commercial lever wanders through my mind again..... :banghead:

Going back to the magma engineering website ....again:scrutiny:

scooterthegreat
June 21, 2006, 10:20 PM
Sign up at national bullet for their e mail bulletins. Every once and a while they will have a free shipping sale. They had one last weekend.
I just ordered from National Bullet. $9.00 flat rate shipping was nice and they are always running some sort of daily discount. Said to allow 2 - 3 weeks for shipping and my order arrived in 4 days. The bullets looked pretty good and were quite consistant in weight.

The Gander here carries Meister Bullets and are usually the same price as you can get them online and you don't have to pay shipping. However, their bullet weights are pretty inconsistant. If you are using them for competition and need to chrono, this can be a bit of a problem.

BluesBear
June 22, 2006, 03:32 AM
I also use National Bullet. NBC prices are cheaper than I can get locally and since I don't have to pay our obscene 9% sales tax and by using the USPS flat rate shipping option that makes them cheaper. Plus I can seldom find .410" SWC boolits locally.

Hell's Bell's it's hard to get anything other than those silly round flat nose Cowboy boolits anywhere anymore.

How can a round nose be flat nose? :scrutiny: It can be one or the other but not both.
That makes about as much sense as semi-boneless. Either it is or it ain't. :banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "trouble finding cast bullets?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!