"New" Revolver...

PDA

Stephen A. Camp
June 11, 2006, 10:56 PM
Hello. Picked up a very clean S&W Model 625-6 at the Dallas Market Hall gun show yesterday. I have not gotten the opportunity to shoot it yet but will when I can. Action is smooth and single-action very light and clean-breaking. I don't care for the MIM parts, but these have been hard to find, at least in my neck of the woods. Stuck a set of Eagle Secret Service grips on it and find it quite comfortable.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/hipowersandhandguns/SWModel625Snub.jpg
This thing will probably get a main diet of 250-gr. CSWC's loaded to 850-900 ft/sec. I will also see how Corbon's .45 AR DPX load shakes out through it as well.

I've had good luck with a considerably older 5" Model 625 in ACP/AR and hope that this one does as well.

We'll see...

Best.

If you enjoyed reading about ""New" Revolver..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RonJon
June 12, 2006, 01:52 AM
Nice! ;)

Ron

Lloyd Smale
June 12, 2006, 06:52 AM
those 3 inch n frames are slick pieces. Whens the new book comming out Steve?

AirForceShooter
June 12, 2006, 12:41 PM
Very Nice.
Use it well.

AFS

fiVe
June 12, 2006, 12:44 PM
Too Cool!!!

And now we have an in-depth and educating Stephen Camp review/report to look forward to!!

Hope you enjoy it & safe shootin'.

R/fiVe

cookekdjr
June 12, 2006, 12:49 PM
Nice find. Looking forward to reading about it (hint hint).
-David

Brian Williams
June 12, 2006, 01:24 PM
Once again I am eagerly awaiting a great report of what looks like a nice firearm, I would love a 3 or 4 inch 25 or 625. Nice piece Mr. Camp along with some great photos.

Stephen A. Camp
June 12, 2006, 01:25 PM
Hello and thank you all. I look forward to shooting the thing, but today is yard work. I have to or National Geographic will be sending in and expedition!

Best.

Huskerz85
June 12, 2006, 02:53 PM
Looks like a good score there........hopefully yard work won't take ya too long! :cool:

If you enjoyed reading about ""New" Revolver..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!