New FOREVER Nipples/Tubes/Cones

PDA

Manyirons
June 12, 2006, 11:22 AM
Testin done on a spin off of tha Beryllium Copper type tubes, considerably more expensive and purer alloy with additional alloying material.

The ol bottom line? Exceptin for ABUSE like dry firin, cross threadin etc, these are guarenteed FOREVER. Ifin ya EVER burn out a set, replacements is free INCLUDIN postage, free means FREE!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "New FOREVER Nipples/Tubes/Cones" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ferret
June 12, 2006, 11:52 AM
Are the stuff that you guys are making? Whats the flash hole size?

Manyirons
June 12, 2006, 12:15 PM
Yup. Made on site here, flash hole is .026 fer tha revolver/pistol sizes.

warriorsociologist
June 12, 2006, 12:18 PM
Can you post a link please?

Manyirons
June 12, 2006, 12:25 PM
Same one fer bigironrifledbarrels; http://bigironbarrels.com/products.html

Its not on site yet, webmaster needs ta update it.

Ferret
June 12, 2006, 12:44 PM
Now... if you could just make a nipple with 'never seize' impregnated into the threads.... grin

Manyirons
June 12, 2006, 12:47 PM
How in HELL did you know? Been sneaking around tha shop?

oldwheat
June 12, 2006, 01:46 PM
...10's or 11's ?? :D ...................

Third_Rail
June 12, 2006, 01:59 PM
Website just underwent a good bit of updating - many new pictures on the products page, for those that are interested. :)

Manyirons
June 12, 2006, 02:21 PM
Old Wheat! Ifin yer handin out boots, i take a 12, THA MANN needs a 13.

Oh! CAP size! 10s! Jus happens the factories are more consistant with tha tens.

Ferret
June 13, 2006, 02:30 PM
Is it possible to do a slight graphite coating on the nipple threads?
Would this work to stop siezeing, make for easier removal etc?

Manyirons
June 14, 2006, 09:11 AM
He's been workin with molybdenim disulphide and other compounds, trouble is longevity, aint gonna hang around fer tha long haul.

RyanM
June 14, 2006, 01:38 PM
Would plating the threads (or the entire lower half, since I don't think most plating methods would let you just do threads) with chrome or some other metal with a low coefficient of friction work?

Manyirons
June 14, 2006, 03:00 PM
Theres a nickle/teflon mix he's tryin, as well as jus teflonin tha threads. Some other coatins, question is standing up to tha gaff.

If it'll take 5000 rounds and screwin in and out 100 times or more and hang on, he'll call it good.

Ya can imagine, this DO take some time! Tha MANN DONT use tha customers fer beta testinon most products, in particular these, market ready. Expensive? Mosts us could RETIRE on what he spends r&d!

Third_Rail
June 14, 2006, 03:02 PM
Mosts us could RETIRE on what he spends r&d!

Let me clarify this - Thom here doesn't mean "most of us" as in any one person could retire on what he spends in research and development, but most of us could retire, en masse, on what he spends on R&D. :what:

Couldn't help myself. :D

Ferret
June 14, 2006, 04:14 PM
There are lots of us out here that would be glad to help out with the beta testing; and that doesnt mean that we would stop being customers either.

(are the 44 belted bullets available yet?)

Manyirons
June 14, 2006, 04:47 PM
About two weeks on the .44s!

Ferret
June 14, 2006, 04:51 PM
Excellent... i have been quivering with anticipation waiting for those little buggers to be available...
I cant wait to try them in my revs...

Manyirons
June 14, 2006, 04:55 PM
Yer supposed ta stretch that ANTICI________PATION out some like Franknfurter does in Rocky Horror! One of the MANNS fave films dubbed in kraut natch!

RyanM
June 14, 2006, 11:35 PM
Theres a nickle/teflon mix he's tryin, as well as jus teflonin tha threads. Some other coatins, question is standing up to tha gaff.

If it'll take 5000 rounds and screwin in and out 100 times or more and hang on, he'll call it good.

That's why I was thinking hard chrome. If it's tough enough to plate the inside of high-powered rifle bores, it should be tough enough for nipples, right?

Manyirons
June 14, 2006, 11:57 PM
Problem, hard chrome i'm told now, is build up, sharp edges, also, ya needs anodend all that, too expensive fer a tube! Electroless process i'm told is better, NP3 nickle/teflon.

RyanM
June 15, 2006, 12:19 AM
Ah, I see. My only experience with teflon coating alone is that it rubs off very quickly on Glock internals, and also doesn't make any difference to smoothness/ease of trigger pull at all. In fact, the parts that only rub against plastic have even had the teflon worn off of them, and I've only shot the gun about 200 times, and maybe 1000 dry-fires. Hopefully the nickel-teflon stuff will do better than that.

JohnKSa
June 15, 2006, 01:39 AM
I was thinking that this sounded like a perfect application for NP3.

The adhesion is impressive--it won't peel. The corrosion resistance should be as good as chrome and the lubricity is going to be better. Due to the nickel teflon composite, as the nickel/teflon wears, more teflon is exposed so the lubricity is maintained until the coating is completely worn off--something that's not easy or quick to accomplish.

I don't know about the difficulties of melonite/tenifer treatment, it would certainly cure the corrosion and hardness problems, but it's not going to do much for lubricity. I wonder if you can put NP3 over melonite?

Some of the nitride finishes are pretty durable too.

warriorsociologist
June 15, 2006, 03:23 AM
+1 on the NP3. I have several pistols finished in it and I plan to get a few knives and tools done in the future. It's the best anti-rust/anti-galling finish I have personally used.

Manyirons
June 15, 2006, 08:28 AM
Yup, it's tha BOSSES best thought on tha subject, tha onlyist problem might be dat ol debbill COST!

Steve499
June 23, 2006, 11:39 AM
One can put teflon plumber's tape on the nipple threads before the nipple is screwed into place. The guys who shoot long range muzzle loading matches with their Whitworths and Pedersoli-Gibbs pretty much have settled on that practice, I believe. The tape sorta disappears at some point, since it's gone when you clean, but the nipple comes out easily.

Steve

Manyirons
June 23, 2006, 12:05 PM
Teflon tape is wonderful. We use it here and its cheap! NP3 is an experiment ifin tha PRICE can be worked out jus one less hassle ta deal with.

And it makes em LOOK purty too!

If you enjoyed reading about "New FOREVER Nipples/Tubes/Cones" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!