Post the same pic twice ?

PDA

guy sajer
April 29, 2003, 05:41 PM
I am unable to post a picture more than once . I get a message that says I have already posted that pic and what thread it's in .

Can I use the same one again ?
If I want to show a gun again do I have to retake the pic ?
Or change the name of the pic in my storage ?

Thanks ,
Mitch

If you enjoyed reading about "Post the same pic twice ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hkmp5sd
April 29, 2003, 05:58 PM
The easy way around this is to go to the original picture you posted, right-click and select properties. Copy the address and use that as a link by placing that where you wish the new picture to be shown.

Mal H
April 29, 2003, 06:34 PM
Hkmp5sd's method is the best way to have multiple links of the same attachment. If you change the name and upload it again (which you can do), you are, in essence, wasting our server disk space. But using a link to an existing attachment doesn't take up any appreciable space at all.

The space problem is the reason attachments are checked for duplicates. You can imagine how much wasted space there would be if someone decided to upload the same pic 100 times for use in 100 different threads over time.

guy sajer
April 29, 2003, 10:47 PM
I understand completely . I'll give it a try . Thanks for the tip .

Mitch

If you enjoyed reading about "Post the same pic twice ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!