The Federalist Patriot

PDA

Kelly J
June 12, 2006, 05:09 PM
I would like to introduce you to the best Publication that you can read on the political front that is non biased and not supported by any orgination there fore they do give a totally unbiased report on the issues of the day, it is a free subscription and you can select many options as to how often you recieve it or even if you want to recieve it.
I have been getting this publication fo just over a year now and I honestly think that the Majority of you would find it well worth the read.

http://patriotpost.us/

If you enjoyed reading about "The Federalist Patriot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TallPine
June 12, 2006, 06:02 PM
I've been getting it for a year or two but I don't read it anymore because of their pro-war stance.:( I just delete the emails as I get them.

Kelly J
June 12, 2006, 06:56 PM
Perhaps you would be advised to unsubscribe from the subscription, if you find it offensive.

WayneConrad
June 12, 2006, 07:09 PM
Unbiased [adj]

1: Aligned with one's predjudices.
2. Having an agreeable point of view.

Kelly J
June 12, 2006, 09:10 PM
WayneConrad, If you are trying to imply I do not have a proper command of the English Language you are quite correct, even my english teacher in 1958 said so, If you are trying to teach me the meanning of the word, I appreciate it, But on the other hand if you are trying to say that the Federalist Patriot is a publication that shows favor to any political party , then you SIR are sorely mistaken.

Kelly J
June 12, 2006, 09:16 PM
Duplicate post due to a server disconnect.

Don Gwinn
June 12, 2006, 09:51 PM
This is the first sentence on the page you linked:
America's most widely read Internet-based publication, The Patriot Post is a highly acclaimed e-journal of hard-hitting rebuttal to contemporary political, social and mainstream media protagonists on the Left.

The Patriot Post seems to disagree with you on the question of whether The Patriot Post is biased. ;)

Kelly J
June 12, 2006, 10:46 PM
Don Gwinn , The site has the latest edition on there, before you condenm, or judge prematurely, read it, then make up your mind.

Moonchigger
June 12, 2006, 10:51 PM
I haven't read this "e-journal" but it is deffinitely now on my to read list.

For a friendly addition i would highly suggest http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/

Don Gwinn
June 12, 2006, 11:09 PM
Kelly J, this is becoming bizarre. I'm not pre-judging anything. You said this journal has no political bias.

The journal itself proudly proclaims a bias against the Left. It's the first thing they tell visitors to their site about their journal. There's no judgment involved here; they said it.

I don't care particularly which political side they're on, but your insistence on fighting a battle on their behalf is becoming puzzling when they don't seem to be aware that there's a battle going on. You seem to be the only one who cares whether this journal is perceived as having a political bias. Certainly if anyone else is concerned about it, it's not the good folks at Patriot Post.

What's with the crusade?

Kelly J
June 13, 2006, 12:19 AM
No crusade at all, I just think that this publication is well worth the read, if you don't fine, but just for the sake of Discussion I've been reading this publication for about a year or more and have found them to be more than equal in thier atttack of both parties as well as the Media, so my opinion is based of not one paragraph but many so I feel I have the upper hand in the disscution as my reasoning is based on what I have come to understand as a reasonable approach to the Facts not enuendoes nor hear say, I offered this post for people to check it out and deside for themselves as to it's credibility and you have taken an advaserial appraoch to a simple take it of leave it offer with no more that 1 paragraph to judge the entire work, so be it, you obviously do not want to read the thing and give it an honest appraisal you only want to read the flyleaf so to speak and base your opinion on what you think the puplication is all about, Thats fine with me but I do think you are loosing a sourse of good balanced information, And besides thier main approach is the doctrine based on the Founding Fathers and the Constitution Of the United States, not what the Media or Yes The Left wing wants the people to believe is the interpratation of the Constitution, they research the facts and print them with references to the research so that you can if you choose verify it for yourself, and I guess I am an advocate for them but then I'm an advocate of the truth also so there we are. Nuf Said

Kelly J
June 13, 2006, 01:13 AM
Don, this is my last statement on the matter and I will agree to disagree with your assesment of my position,
this the rest of the Statement you copied from the Federalist Patriot.

"America's most widely read Internet-based publication, The Patriot Post is a highly acclaimed e-journal of hard-hitting rebuttal to contemporary political, social and mainstream media protagonists on the Left. The Patriot's advocacy for individual liberty, the restoration of Constitutionally-constrained limits on government and the judiciary, and the promotion of free enterprise, national defense and traditional American values, is crafted by a national editorial team headed by Mark Alexander. It is written for those who seek a brief, informative and entertaining analysis of the week's most significant news, policy and opinion".

WayneConrad
June 13, 2006, 03:15 AM
Kelly J, I mean nothing personal about you or your command of language. What I mean is this.

Every time someone -- a friend, a coworker, a relative -- tells me that some particular writer or source is unbiased, the briefest examination reveals that the source matches closely the particular biases of that person. Every time.

This is what caused me to invent my own definition of bias, the one I posted above. It is not a statement about you, but a statement about what "unbiased" really seems to mean.

Kelly J
June 13, 2006, 12:41 PM
Wayne, Don, I feel I owe you both an appoligy for going off half cocked last evening. I felt that I was being attacked, for doing nothing more that offering a E-Publication for people to check out, and deside for themselves if they wanted to subscribe to it or not.

I have a personallity that is easy going and I really try to get along with people no matter what our differences, but if I feel I am being talked down to by those that feel they have a higher education and command of the english language we are going to have a problem, because I know my short falls and don't need them shoved in my face.

When I was in school my intent was to learn how to make a living for my family, not concerned about the correctness of speach, I work with my hands not my mouth, This has been a problem over the years but my Professional Skills as a toolmaker/Machinist are not nor ever have been in Question.

I know, you didn't need to hear all this but I just wanted you to know that I will defend myself if under attack, if I'm wrong I will be the first to appoligize, but if I know I'm right GOD WON'T CHANGE MY MIND!

MrTuffPaws
June 13, 2006, 02:10 PM
political front that is non biased and not supported by any orgination there fore they do give a totally unbiased report on the issues of the day

Funny, as pointed out, the websight states that it is biased from the get go.

That is the annoying thing about bias. Those agreeing with it, can't and won't see it.

Kelly J
June 13, 2006, 03:09 PM
I posted a sample of the Patriot but it appears to hav been removed, or the reply post was not successfully posted. So if you are interested there is a copy of the current Editionon the web site.

Kelly J
June 13, 2006, 03:14 PM
Mr. Tough Paws, I see and understand biased reporting and the biased aptitudes of the media and a good part of the political spectrum as it is quite prevasive in nature,but what good is it to see a biased opinion and do nothing about it, at least the Patriot offers an HONEST OPINION on the subjects in the current affairs along with a bit of humor, but the one thing I have appreciated is the Honesty.

crucible
June 13, 2006, 03:17 PM
I have no problem with bias, I'm very "biased" about many things myself (2nd amendment views being one of them, my gratitude of beign a citizen of the greatest country in the world despite our issues, among others). I appreciate when people and entities go out of thier way to let me know however as the PatriotPost certainly does.

That said, I recieve their free summary as well as a real gem they also offer free: daily quotes from our founding fathers as taken from their various writings. This by itself is a wonderful thing, and I look forward to seeing them when I get into work. (BTW, these aren't typically what you'll see most often....these go way deeper than that and offer some real insights rarely seen).

Their other stuff is quite good too: well written and researched.

Chris

Kelly J
June 13, 2006, 03:18 PM
This Thread has gotten completely out of the relm of my intent and due to the current opposition to the honest offer of a different point of view which has created a rift unintended here I would request that the thread be removed and let things get back to normal, Please accept my appoligy for causing this situastion, I assure you it was unintended.

Please Close this Thread.

WayneConrad
June 13, 2006, 03:28 PM
Kelly J, Apology accepted, and let me also apologize to you. Had I been less blunt I might not have seemed condenscending.

By the way, I already get the Patriot Post digest. I enjoy the quotes at the top.

Preacherman
June 14, 2006, 07:17 AM
Legal and Political
Get informed on issues affecting the right to keep and bear arms and other civil rights. Coordinate activism, debate with allies and opponents. Discuss laws concerning firearm ownership, concealed carry and self-defense.

If you enjoyed reading about "The Federalist Patriot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!