PDA

Desertdog
June 12, 2006, 09:42 PM
Clinton Links GOP Policies to More Storms
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/06/12/D8I6VEOO4.html

By BRENDAN FARRINGTON
Associated Press Writer

ORLANDO, Fla.

As Tropical Storm Alberto threatened to strengthen into the ninth hurricane in 22 months to affect Florida, former President Clinton predicted Monday that Republican environmental policies will lead to more severe storms.

"It is now generally recognized that while Al Gore and I were ridiculed, we were right about global warming," Clinton said at a fundraiser for the Florida Democratic Party. "It's a serious problem. It's going to lead to more hurricanes."

Gore's documentary, "An Inconvenient Truth," chronicles the former vice president's efforts to educate the public about global warming. It's in limited release around the country.

In his critique of the GOP, Clinton also touched on the war in Iraq, the rising federal deficit and high health care costs. The crowd of about 500 greeted him with loud applause and shouts of "We love you, Bill!" and "Four more years!"

Jeff Sadosky, spokesman for the state Republican Party, decried Clinton's rhetoric. "Bill Clinton's class warfare and race-baiting message gets us no closer to solutions for the issues he brings up," he said.

Sadosky referred in part to Clinton's comments earlier this month in Arizona. At that event, Clinton characterized Republican Party leaders as right-wing, white Southerners.

If you enjoyed reading about "Clinton Links GOP Policies to More Storms" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The_Shootist
June 12, 2006, 10:56 PM
...Dirty Little Billy actually DID inhale :evil:

Standing Wolf
June 12, 2006, 11:37 PM
No lies quite like tired old lies from tied old liars, I guess.

bg
June 12, 2006, 11:56 PM
It may be more true than not..After all seems the GOP
have been raining all over the Dems agenda since 2000.

Kim
June 12, 2006, 11:58 PM
This is a lie pure and siimple. Right after Katrina people in the MSM started this crap and the meterologists that were on TV all said global warming had nothing to do with it. Think Business Cycles and then think Hurricane Cycles.

progunner1957
June 12, 2006, 11:58 PM
Hurricane season is upon us - that must be the Republicans' fault, too.:neener:

Headless Thompson Gunner
June 13, 2006, 12:01 AM
Golly, even Bill Jeff is juming on Algore's global-warming-will-put-me-in-the-whitehouse bandwagon.

Wonder what Hillary thinks of that... :evil:

progunner1957
June 13, 2006, 12:03 AM
She'd probably rather have that than have him jumping on Monica...:D

mountainclmbr
June 13, 2006, 12:26 AM
We need to build some pyramids with sacrificial alters on top. Sacrafice of children always appeased the gods of nature for the punishment of insulting the gods in the past. Right?

If you enjoyed reading about "Clinton Links GOP Policies to More Storms" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!