Touching up Bruniton finish.

PDA

cool45auto
April 29, 2003, 07:22 PM
My Vertec is developing some scratches on the front and rear of the barrel. Is there any way to touch these up? :confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Touching up Bruniton finish." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim Watson
April 29, 2003, 08:41 PM
Are they wear marks from where the slide touches the barrel in recoil or have you skun it up against a foreign object?

If they are operating wear marks, no point in touching them up, you will get them back whenever you shoot the gun.

If they are mars, I think Bruniton is a coating and about all you can do is paint them with a magic marker. Birchwood Casey sells one that is supposed to cover up marks on guns. Cold blue would color the steel but I don't know how it would blend.

cool45auto
April 30, 2003, 12:06 AM
Yeah, they're wear marks so I guess it wouldn't do much good to touch them up. They're hid from view until the gun's at slide lock and they're not showing signs of rust so I guess I'll let it go for now. I guess it adds character!

9mmepiphany
April 30, 2003, 06:28 PM
that's just the way it is unless you want to whip out that touchup pen everytime you shoot the gun

If you enjoyed reading about "Touching up Bruniton finish." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!