Blackpowder firearmsi in the UK

PDA

Volkolak
June 13, 2006, 02:13 PM
To any UK members who frequent these parts, could you tell me what kind of certificates one needs to obtain to legally be able to own a BP gun?

Cheers
Volkolak

If you enjoyed reading about "Blackpowder firearmsi in the UK" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sterling180
June 13, 2006, 02:22 PM
To any UK members who frequent these parts, could you tell me what kind of certificates one needs to obtain to legally be able to own a BP gun?

I think that a person,who wishes to obtain black-powder ,needs a Section1 Firearms Certificate-but that I know definately applies to pistols.This was how standard-length cartridge-pistols were licensed,before they were banned.

Boom-stick
June 14, 2006, 05:16 AM
For the guns you need a section 1 firearms certifcate with the correct veriations.

For the Black Powder, Under the Control of Explosives Regulations 1991, you need to apply for an explosives licence for Sporting / social use on an Acquire and keep basis.

This should help,
http://www.met.police.uk/firearms-enquiries/explos1.htm

Ta boomstick

Volkolak
June 14, 2006, 05:24 PM
Thanks guys! :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Blackpowder firearmsi in the UK" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!