Sherriff of Oakland County, Michigan,

PDA

cambeul41
June 13, 2006, 07:49 PM
Michael J. Bouchard sent me a letter urging me to contact his office with suggestions for improvements in the CCW (CPL in Michigan) issuance process.

Further, he informed me of the bill before the legislature that proposes prohibiting disclosure of the personal information on the CCW application for other than law enforcement purposes. He urged me to communicate my views to my state legislators.

And not once did he mention that he was running for state senator!

If you enjoyed reading about "Sherriff of Oakland County, Michigan," here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Wiley
June 13, 2006, 08:38 PM
While I'm in Georgia, I'd be interested in seeing the letter. Could you scan it and post it?

Barbara
June 13, 2006, 08:39 PM
He's a nice guy. He's also a big hunter, as is his 16 year old daughter.

Of the three Republican candidates (well, two now as I don't think Zandstra ended up with enough valid signatures) he's considered the least pro-gun, but I think he has the best chance of winning. And anyone would be more pro-gun than Stabenow.

Unfortunately, I was a Butler fan until I actually heard him speak. I ended up walking out of a dinner that he was the keynote speaker at because I couldn't stand to listen to him anymore. At least twice, he told outright lies.

Trebor
June 13, 2006, 08:46 PM
Any chance you know his policy on LEO sign offs for MG's?

Barbara
June 13, 2006, 09:23 PM
No. I sat next to him at a dinner once, but we talked hunting..It was funny..he had no idea who I was and brought up shooting.

Unfortunately, he hasn't filled out our survey..if you'd like to send him some encouragement, that would be helpful. Butler filled his out and Zandstra looks like he's a goner.

Barbara
June 13, 2006, 09:27 PM
Btw, Rob..there should be some stuff happening with that soon..end of summer at the latest I'd think. DeVos referred to it in his last press release, although I don't think he was supposed to. :)

cambeul41
June 14, 2006, 02:15 PM
I don't have a scanner, but I have attempted to attach a picture of the letter.

Wiley
June 14, 2006, 07:26 PM
Thanks, cambeul41.

Seems very even handed and public servent-ish.

The Firearms Licences here in GA are handled by Probate Court Judges who routinely ingnore the 60 day time legal time limit for issuance. And are allowed to get away with it.

Barbara
June 14, 2006, 11:25 PM
Received his survey today and it looks great, although I haven't had time to score it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sherriff of Oakland County, Michigan," here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!